Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which team is the hardest to warm to?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Xavi6 wrote: »
    No amount of facepalms could do this post justice.

He helped get us over the magical 100 votes mark at least.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

flahavaj wrote: »
    He helped get us over the magical 100 votes mark at least.:pac:

I posted earlier in the thread about how I had a begrudging respect for United cause of their achievements and all that.

Then I read a post like your man's and think "Actually no, they're all a shower of cunts".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Xavi6 wrote: »

That's just one of those quotes I have to remember next time I'm on the Internetz!

Surprised Chelski didn't get more haters. I mean, Ashley Cole? John Terry? Fat Frank? That said, I'm a Spurs fan, and considerably 'girthier' than Lampard!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Were you born in 1999?

treble=1999 something you would know nothing about :D you really are terrible at comebacks, but at least you know the facts from my post above.

jealousy is an emotion even the mods cannot hide.

its alright lads we are the biggest club in the world with the best manager in the world and top of the prem,semi's of the cup and still in europe and we are re-building.

for ye liverpool fans, gerrards gettin old he cant carry ye much longer when he's gone its the final nail in the coffin, so thank your lucky stars ye are in the europa league (for teams who are not good enough for champions league) because soon it will be even worse for ye, because your academy sucks balls and no real big players would consider pool a good move just ask torres:D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,593 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

treble=1999 something you would know nothing about :D you really are terrible at comebacks, but at least you know the facts from my post above.

Just got up?, ya your post got a lot of support.

• Advertisement

Just got up?, ya your post got a lot of support.

just got up? what are muttering on about your like a sheep following the anti-united shepard well here bud the light is over this way in our trophy cabinet il show you what a european cup looks like;) throw out your arsenal jersy and follow a succesfull team.

this thread is full of anti-united fans this is where ye take all your frustraton out and make yourselfs feel all big and mighty because ye cant on the pitch.

i dont need support united are actually the most popular club worldwide how much more support could i ask for kid.

its ok il keep spitting the facts, you havnt replyed anything about football in your last 2 comments thats good stuff bud at least you know not to talk success around a united fan especcially when you havnt won a trophy in how many years?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭partyndbs

i actualy can guarentee ur such a loser

partyndbs wrote: »
    i actualy can guarentee ur such a loser

great reply im so offended dont give up the day job chap.

omg actuali such a loser lol

omg actuali such a loser lol

from your man who says omg and loser:D your def a D4 anyway closest thing irelands got to mtv hills:D

omg haha grow up your not a young1 are you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

There's always one.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

jealousy is an emotion even the mods cannot hide.

its alright lads we are the biggest club in the world with the best manager in the world and top of the prem,semi's of the cup and still in europe and we are re-building.

for ye liverpool fans, gerrards gettin old he cant carry ye much longer when he's gone its the final nail in the coffin, so thank your lucky stars ye are in the europa league (for teams who are not good enough for champions league) because soon it will be even worse for ye, because your academy sucks balls and no real big players would consider pool a good move just ask torres:D.
    Its posts like this that makes opposition fans hate United

from your man who says omg and loser:D your def a D4 anyway closest thing irelands got to mtv hills:D

omg haha grow up your not a young1 are you?

young1? u r defo a nacker

young1? u r defo a nacker

you came in here and you post nothing to do with football.

i see you dont get out much anyway you've never been outside of dublin i bet:D because there's plenty of people who call women young1s for short like we call you a D4 snob now off with you or il smack that silver spoon of your face :D.

jokes aside stick to the football kid.

im winding ye up for the best part lads for a bit of banter, but im still 100 per cent right the only reason ye hate united is because we are so succesful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

i see you dont get out much anyway you've never been outside of dublin i bet:D because there's plenty of people who call women young1s for short like we call you a D4 snob now off with you or il smack that silver spoon of your face :D.

im winding ye up for the best part lads for a bit of banter, but im still 100 per cent right the only reason ye hate united is because we are so succesful.

Whilst this may be in part responsible for some of the dislike of Man Utd, I would hazard a guess that a particular section of their fanbase would be responsible for some of the dislike!!

ER.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I wouldn't think it's the only reason.

Posts like yours would be fairly high up there too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Quit while you're behind young wun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭fkiely

Very little to do with being successful, a lot to do with a significant proportion of Man United fans being utter twats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Despise Liverpool,always have.It's having to listen to their supporters with an inflated sense of how good the club is.They play terrible football but seem to think they have a divine right to win trophies based on their history.
    Even back when they had a decent team watching them play was soul destroying,go a goal up and ruin the game-the best thing to happen to them was the change in the backpass rule,never mind the crap managers (Souness) It was the sudden inability to play 20 passes from midfield back to defence and the keeper that ruined them.
    Can't wait 'til the end of the season when their supporters start spouting on about "next year"-It's laughable.

• Advertisement

Quit while you're behind young wun.

dont make me laugh not one of ye put out a valid arguement to say otherwise bar the fans being arogant, united fans can talk the talk but also walk the walk because we actually win trophies unlike most of yer teams.
    Very little to do with being successful

you couldnt be more wrong. ye would all act the same if yer teams were succesfull.

dont make me laugh not one of ye put out a valid arguement to say otherwise bar the fans being arogant, united fans can talk the talk but also walk the walk because we actually win trophies unlike most of yer teams.

you couldnt be more wrong. ye would all act the same if yer teams were succesfull.

Wonders what you'd have been like 20 years ago when you were a sparkle in your Daddys eye in the 70's.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »
    Wonders what you'd have been like 20 years ago when you were a sparkle in your Daddys eye in the 70's.

probably like you now bud;)

probably like you now bud;)

Enjoy it while it lasts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

As a Liverpool fan it should be United, but its Arsenal. Hate them with a passion. Ever since about 99 for some reason, never liked them. Hate all their players, they especially increased my hatred when we beat them in the FA Cup Final in 01 with a Micky Owen late double, and Ljungberg and Wenger came out giving out that we didn't deserve it and blah blah blah.

Lehmann and Wenger are 2 of the major reason's I hate them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

estadio wrote: »
    Arsenal.

The reason Arsenal fans are resented (and their club) is because of their Arrogance (for example Arsenal requesting for fabregas to lift the Carling cup before the final).

Thats not ture is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭NeoKubrick

The thread and poll should ask which fans are hardest to warm to. Football is efficient at creating tenuous connections between two unrelated things: the club and its fans. The most indoctrinated believe that a club's success is their success. It is actually amusing to see uttterly deluded fans swan about after their club's win and boast as if they contributed anything to the win and taunt as if fans of the losing club contributed anything to the loss. Because of their incredible success, United have been very efficient at attracting low self-esteem individuals who cannot contribute to their own success as individuals and therefore invent some personal contribution to and ownership of a club's. It isn't exclusive to United, because all clubs attract that type, but United have won a lot in the last two decades and naturally that builds a bigger fanbase.

As a fan of Arsenal, I would like to see Wenger win the title just for peace and quiet and humble some of the other fans. I'm a big fan of Ferguson, Rooney, Vidic and Scholes and I would, especially, like to see Scholes take the game to Guardiola's Barcelona. Ancelotti's Milan were a special team and he has created a simliar team at Chelsea (still think they are short of Kaka' type, though). Essien is one of the best central midfielders in the world dying a death because Chelsea are not using him properly and Drogba (when he's not fucking the floor) is beautiful to watch when he is rampaging defences (something special about how he traumatized Arsenal).

Even though they cheated Arsenal out of a Champions League semi-final place with a dive, Liverpool's blitz of the Premier League two seasons ago deserved a title with players like Torres and Kuyt (and Suarez and Andy Carroll should be a potent force next season). Citeh are such a negative team under Mancini, but the brilliance of Tevez and Silva is hard to ignore. The media make it hard to warm to this Tottenham team because they drool over 'Arry and they regularly project the team as a potent attacking force (zero evidence of that in the Premier League), but Modric and Bale are great to watch.

I think it's hard to not appreciate the top clubs, because they usually have redeemable qualities. For me, the hardest club to warm to is Stoke City; I guess because I like watching football and it is at its best when it is deliberate and accurate.

Have to say it's nice to be hated again, too many pitying us last year. Thanks Kenny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

TheTosh wrote: »
    Its posts like this that makes opposition fans hate United
    All clubs have different types of supporters. If I had a euro for everytime someone said that about United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Bohs, Rovers etc...
    PerrinV2 wrote:
    Thats not ture is it?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/feb/26/cesc-fabregas-lift-carling-cup-arsenal
    fkiely wrote: »
    Very little to do with being successful, a lot to do with a significant proportion of Man United fans being utter twats.

significant?? Absolute bollox

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Have to say it's nice to be hated again, too many pitying us last year. Thanks Kenny.

Looks like it's back to being pitied for you.:D

The Muppet wrote: »
    Looks like it's back to being pitied for you.:D

Though some always hate Pool no matter what, even going to the lengths of watching the EL on Five or 3E on Paddy's day.

Though some always hate Pool no matter what, even going to the lengths of watching the EL on Five or 3E on Paddy's day.

I don't hate ye , I pity you remember.;)

I just tuned to to watch Liverpool deliver the thumping I was told they were going to,

The Muppet wrote: »
    I don't hate ye , I pity you remember.;)

I just tuned to to watch Liverpool deliver the thumping I was told they were going to,

Ah, sure what would we do without you, you're like the Mellion or Mister Men on the United thread. It's a reminder we are still a threat.

Ah, sure would we do without you, you're like the Mellion or Mister Men on the United thread.

I wouldn't know, I don't read that thread very often.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

[QUOTE=estadio;71199383] Arsenal.

The reason Arsenal fans are resented (and their club) is because of their Arrogance (for example Arsenal requesting for fabregas to lift the Carling cup before the final).

[/QUOTE]

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...ng-cup-arsenal

It says after in the article not before

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'm a Liverpool fan. I have great respect Arsenal and I am thankful to Spurs for the entertaining football I get to enjoy when they play. I'm so glad they were the ones who took Liverpool's usual place in the CL (;)) and I wish them the best of luck.

I'd probably hate City if all that money was winning them anything, but probably wont this year... so...

Chelsea, I have no opinion of. Fans or club. They're Chelsea. Grand, yeah.

I feel United's squad at the moment is one of the least hateable in years. I like Evra, Van Der Sar and Vidic. Neville is gone and Scholes is on his way. Alex Ferguson is a great manager, but I can't respect him all that much with the way he goes on. Rooney is the poster boy for things I hate about football right now and the fans... Wow. I know Liverpool fan can be annoyingly disillusioned and hard headed at times for the most part, but a lot of United fans I know are bitter even when they win.

So United it is :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

That's probably because of Mister Men on the Champions League thread everyone's happy to stick the knife in.

That's probably because of Mister Men on the Champions League thread everyone's happy to stick the knife in.

An excuse tbh, it's been happening long before he was around.

An excuse tbh, it's been happening long before he was around.

I wouldn't rule it out as a contributing factor.;)

great week for europe's elite clubs, we really have some crackers too look foward too.

meanwhile on the history channel cough cough i mean 3e one of the worlds most boring teams liverpool put in an impressive trademark long ball (we cant play football performance) boring performance and to no surprise lost AGAIN. its no wonder they are on put on 3e a sister channel of tv3, they are truly not good enough for mainstream tv.

the man who was tipped to be a superstar andy (im a flop) carroll who's one header where he didnt even score against united catapulted him into a kop legend had to no surprise no impact.

roll on the champions league's semi's, fa cup semi's and premiership showdown.

best of luck to the mighty pool who fight it out for that all important 6th place finish.:D

• Advertisement

great week for europe's elite clubs, we really have some crackers too look foward too.

meanwhile on the history channel cough cough i mean 3e one of the worlds most boring teams liverpool put in an impressive trademark long ball (we cant play football performance) boring performance and to no surprise lost AGAIN. its no wonder they are on put on 3e a sister channel of tv3, they are truly not good enough for mainstream tv.

the man who was tipped to be a superstar andy (im a flop) carroll who's one header where he didnt even score against united catapulted him into a kop legend had to no surprise no impact.

best of luck to the mighty pool who fight it out for that all important 6th place finish.:D

=

2ltosjm.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

dang it, wish i could vote for more than one team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Sorry but no matter how much i hate Liverpool, the city and people of Liverpool, Liverpool fans and the crimes they have committed, i wont stand by and have a United fan call another team boring. You are the Steve Davis of football.

Grayditch wrote: »

After the CL draw, I've a suspicion that'll be the only thing they'll win this season, the FA Cup will be their best shot.

Pauleta wrote: »
    Liverpool fans and the crimes they have committed

:rolleyes:

Pauleta wrote: »
    Sorry but no matter how much i hate Liverpool, the city and people of Liverpool, Liverpool fans and the crimes they have committed, i wont stand by and have a United fan call another team boring. You are the Steve Davis of football.

well then you should take a seat and sit down mate because iv just done and dusted it.

manchester united go hand in hand with great football, all down through the years we had special players, players that most clubs simply dont or never did have charlton,law,best,robison,cantona,beckham,keane,scholes,ronaldo etc etc the list is endless, and now fergie is building again fair enough this season we havnt been our usual selves but rest a sure we are just getting warmed up this again another new bread new era at united.

we are the original glamor club we are united.

After the CL draw, I've a suspicion that'll be the only thing they'll win this season, the FA Cup will be their best shot.

and tell us old wise liverpool fan whats liverpools best chance of winning a trophy this season?:D

this is an urgent announcement for all liverpool fans(k-9 this will help you deal with following such a bad club):

Any Liverpool fans having trouble with facing a 6th year without a trophy can find advice from communications@arsenal.co.uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

well then you should take a seat and sit down mate because iv just done and dusted it.

manchester united go hand in hand with great football, all down through the years we had special players, players that most clubs simply dont or never did have charlton,law,best,robison,cantona,beckham,keane,scholes,ronaldo etc etc the list is endless, and now fergie is building again fair enough this season we havnt been our usual selves but rest a sure we are just getting warmed up this again another new bread new era at united.

we are the original glamor club we are united.

They used to be a good footballing team. When Ronaldo and Tevez left they became a very dull side to watch. United will obviously entertain a fanboy like yourself but as a neutral who used to love watching them play i can say they bore the pants off me right now. They have no players worth watching right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Please stop mufcboy1999, you're almost making me feel embarrassed to support the same team as you.

baz2009 wrote: »
    Please stop mufcboy1999, you're almost making me feel embarrassed to support the same team as you.

baz if you dont like it ignore me its banter.

• Advertisement
Advertisement