Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which team is the hardest to warm to?

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

This thread is an embarrassment, mufcboy doing a good job to show why alot of people hate United.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Pauleta wrote: »
    They used to be a good footballing team. When Ronaldo and Tevez left they became a very dull side to watch. United will obviously entertain a fanboy like yourself but as a neutral who used to love watching them play i can say they bore the pants off me right now. They have no players worth watching right now.

hernandez is one to watch and scholes is always a class act, but id agree this season we wernt at our best has a ot to do with injuries though too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Watching Scholes can be entertaining alright. I have this game, where I try to make a cup of tea in the time a player has already passed the ball to when Scholes' tackle arrives.

Grayditch wrote: »
    Watching Scholes can be entertaining alright. I have this game, where I try to make a cup of tea in the time a player has already passed the ball to when Scholes' tackle arrives.

thats great you dont get out much so anyway thats a fact, who do you support?

Jaysus. Anyone would think this chap was the only one allowed to have "banter".

Grayditch wrote: »
    Jaysus. Anyone would think this chap was the only one allowed to have "banter".

that was the banter have you got trouble picking up on sarcasm:D(banter)

so we are still no closer to finding out who the owl grayditch supports... you cant hide it forever mate you'l have to come out of the closet sometime:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

and tell us old wise liverpool fan whats liverpools best chance of winning a trophy this season?:D

this is an urgent announcement for all liverpool fans(k-9 this will help you deal with following such a bad club):

Any Liverpool fans having trouble with facing a 6th year without a trophy can find advice from communications@arsenal.co.uk

Can we ban this guy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

hernandez is one to watch and scholes is always a class act, but id agree this season we wernt at our best has a ot to do with injuries though too.

Hernandez is a poacher. Ive nothing against poachers, im a proud poacher myself but we are not very entertaining bar a couple of times a game. Scholes is efficient, just like Steve Davis back in the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    This thread is an embarrassment, mufcboy doing a good job to show why alot of people hate United.

:rolleyes:

I'm nearly feeling sorry for ye lot now. Car crash TV.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

baz2009 wrote: »
    Please stop mufcboy1999, you're almost making me feel embarrassed to support the same team as you.

I'll give him this he's a step up from Conno16

so we are still no closer to finding out who the owl grayditch supports... you cant hide it forever mate you'l have to come out of the closet sometime:D

Top of the last page might give you a hint. That and my post in this thread which starts with:

"I'm a Liverpool supporter", but you're right. I should be clearer. Maybe I should change my name to LFCBO99ALLYOURTEAMSAREALLBRUTALCHAMPIONNEEESSSSo5

Morzadec wrote: »
    Can we ban this guy?

well there is no we when it comes to banning i belive thats a mods job genius:D.
    I'm nearly feeling sorry for ye lot now. Car crash TV.

great stuff k-9 hang in there, its ok that you dont have the answer or replys to my comments that liverpool are hopeless, its a sad day when your manager is the best player ye got:D, thats the truth sleep on that buddy.
    Hernandez is a poacher. Ive nothing against poachers, im a proud poacher myself but we are not very entertaining bar a couple of times a game. Scholes is efficient, just like Steve Davis back in the day.

mate just sit back and enjoy the ride (the re-building process).

I
    'm a Liverpool supporter", but you're right. I should be clearer. Maybe I should change my name to LFCBO99ALLYOURTEAMSAREALLBRUTALCHAMPIONNEEESSSSo5

good stuff mate but you'd have to drop the 99 because ye never won a real treble:D haha liverpool and there micky mouse treble what a joke.

i get it now its starting to turn into a witch hunt, dont worry cry babies im gone, i wish all ye fellow premiership teams good luck in the future in winning trophies and becoming succesful, for 99.9 per cent of you this will never happen and will always remain a dream.

iv outdone ye all, had an answer for everything. im not staying here to get banned and involved in a whitch hunt.

peace in the middle east whingebags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

well there is no we when it comes to banning i belive thats a mods job genius:D.

great stuff k-9 hang in there, its ok that you dont have the answer or replys to my comments that liverpool are hopeless, its a sad day when your manager is the best player ye got:D, thats the truth sleep on that buddy.

mate just sit back and enjoy the ride (the re-building process).

i get it now its starting to turn into a witch hunt, dont worry cry babies im gone, i wish all ye fellow premiership teams good luck in the future in winning trophies and becoming succesful, for 99.9 per cent of you this will never happen and will always remain a dream.

peace in the middle east whingebags.

You do realise Ferguson will retire/die one day?

He makes his big points in BOLD, almost as if the rest of his post wouldn't be worth reading.

Don't sell yourself short man.

:P

Well that was fun. Poor United fans.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

im not staying here to get banned and involved in a whitch hunt.

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Where is the Leeds option?

Liverpool just aren't there for me anymore. A lot of the rivalry is fan related. City will probably overtake that in a few years. My hatred for Chelsea is mainly for the fans, a lot like my own club and Liverpool too. Some guys are deluded and others are way too pessimistic hiding under the realist tag. Something bugs me more about Irish PL fans than fans of the PL of any other nation. There seems to be this, well as long as Liverpool or United don't win then it's okay, mentality. You can see it every time United lose or Liverpool lose. The funny part about it all is that some of the lads calling out mufcboy here would fall directly into that category.

There is one club I hate more than most and that is Leeds. Blood boiling saying the name. City will definitely overtake that. It's alright for a lot of United fans to play down the City rivalry, lack of cup success etc etc, but the way City are going it's going to be our biggest rivalry for a long time and tbh it's taken over from the Liverpool one since last year. Maybe if Liverpool can produce a season like 2008/09 again then that could swing again. But I can't see that happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Irish United fans are enough for me to have a serious disliking for man united.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

baz2009 wrote: »
    City.
    Not even trying to hide the fact that they're attempting to buy the league and their reserves are called the Elite Development Squad. WTF?

This.
    Also not a big fan of Chelsea and their oil money either. Growing up as an Arsenal fan United and to a lesser extent Liverpool were the big hitters/who everybody else supported and Spurs were the local rivals. Even so I'd rather see any of them win a match/cup/league than City or Chelsea.
    I can respect the likes of United, 'pool and Spurs as rivals. Not the case with the money clubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

Liverpool!!

I can't stand them!

They're like the ugly looking bloke who never pulls on a night out apart from that one night in 2005 and he never shuts up about it, and now he's beginning to get uglier, but he has got rid of his gay haircut although he has started wearing womens clothes, he could have bought a big girls blouse in penneys for 5 euro but he decided to buy it in Newcastle for 35 million.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

mink_man wrote: »
    Liverpool!!

I can't stand them!

They're like the ugly looking bloke who never pulls on a night out apart from that one night in 2005 and he never shuts up about it, and now he's beginning to get uglier, but he has got rid of his gay haircut although he has started wearing womens clothes, he could have bought a big girls blouse in penneys for 5 euro but he decided to buy it in Newcastle for 35 million.

Wow, what a lame attempt at humour.

Wow, what a lame attempt at humour.

humour is subjective, or is that objective? ah well I don't care what you think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Liverpool!!

I can't stand them!

Thats Pigheads line ;)

Thats Pigheads line ;)

That is who it was, couldn't remember who he stole it of.

K-9 wrote: »
    That is who it was, couldn't remember who he stole it of.

pity it's not pigheads line, stole it from a college paper i read a long time ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

pity it's not pigheads line, stole it from a college paper i read a long time ago.

Hmmm, I wonder did Pighead read the same paper??

alot of the one liners people think are original on here are stolen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

its a sad day when your manager is the best player ye got:D, thats the truth sleep on that buddy.

I lolled, kinda envious of that line.;)

I'd say Pighead wrote the paper .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Le King wrote: »
    Where is the Leeds option?

A Leeds fan I work with is actually disappointed they're not in there!!

The Muppet wrote: »
    I lolled, kinda envious of that line.;)

I'd say Pighead wrote the paper .

it was a sh*te paper to be honest alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

City & Chelsea for me (I voted City though)

small clubs,small mentality,crap fans,crap songs,crap grounds,zero history,zero class.

oh and both wouldnt be within an asses roar of the top 6 if it wasnt for billions.

Liverpool is probably the fixture i want to win every single time,they dont fall into the above catagories though,i have a slightly muted respect for liverpool and their success tbh.

EDIT-HOW did i forget about Leeds??Bunch of absolute scummers,we have major history with Leeds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Pauleta wrote: »

lol Hernandez is a poacher. Bullshít, he has way more to his game.

lol lol I'm a poacher too.... i'm also entertaining and I enjoy long walks, the occasional game of pool, pulling my thumb and playing the xbox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

You dirty rotten lying scoundrel! The only paper you read that from was The Pig Issue. Apologise at once Mink. Theft is a despicable crime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

I've never had a reason not to warm to Liverpool, you have to respect their history and philosophy if nothing else.

Arsenal were always a team that could grind out result and then when Wenger came and started to build his own empire he got them playing some of the best football I've ever seen.

Spurs likewise, they've always had something about them that makes you like them, despite Harry Redknapp.

City are City, they've always had ideas above themselves but might actually buy their way to success. That's ok though, we've all done it at some point.

All of which leaves me with Chelsea, I've never warmed to them, even when they had stylish players playing great football. In recent years I think they more than anybody have embodied all that is wrong with the modern day footballer. They are definitely the team I find it hardest to warm too anyway.

Advertisement