Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

accuracy back leg

Options
  • 12-03-2011 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭

hi lads

I have an acis and dont like the bottom of the rear of the stock as i dont think it will sit right in a butt bag. so i like the look of the rear leg you can buy but it £145 from sporting services in the uk:(. so my question is has anyone seen it anywhere else for cheaper. the picture below shows what im looking for:confused:

pod2.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Accu-shot.com

Just to let you know the rules for F/TR do not allow for a monopod if target shooting is your ultimate goal. Only a sand bag under the rear stock.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

Ezridax wrote: »
    Accu-shot.com

Just to let you know the rules for F/TR do not allow for a monopod if target shooting is your ultimate goal. Only a sand bag under the rear stock.

is there any after market part that can be got to go straight across the back of the stock to make it flush with the rest of the stock{if you know what i mean:eek:}

tommy

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I don't know of any. The idea behind the design of the stock is for it to have the butt hook so a monopod, bag or indeed your hand can support the rear of the rifle.

My only solution unless someone has a better one, would be to get the monopod and keep it in the folded up position and allow it to act like a "spacer" to cover the gap of the butt hook. Granter that would mean buying a monopod just as a spacer. I wonder if a fiting couldn't be made.

The TRG has the same style butt hook. Granted the "flat" area from the butt hook to the butt pad is longer on the TRG, the area on the AICS could be used in conjuction with a sandbag. I have 3 sandbags. One with no timber base, one with a low timber base and the 3rd with a higher timber base. Depending on what position i'm shooting from i chop and change bags until i find one that suits best, as in with as little adjusting as possible.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Advertisement