Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HO Gauge trains

Options
  • 12-03-2011 10:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭

Sorry about the un-imaginative title :) first time poster around these parts, i usually hang around in motors.

anyway, around a year ago, i acquired quite a substantial amount of HO gauge trains, carriages, scenery, ballast, all necessary wiring, overhead cables, switchgear and probably around 30 feet-ish of track.

basically as much as i though i would enjoy and use it, its just been sat in a box. i partially set it up at one stage and it all works beautifully, but my drive soon fizzled out.

anyway, i'm starting this thread in the hope that i might rekindle my love affair with it, and i'l be able to get it to its fully functioning glory. and if that goes flop, then people can give me a donedeal valuation on all the gear, because right now i'm getting it in the ear for the gigantic mess its creating in the garage.

heres a few photos of some of the kit when i first unpacked it all :)

100914192522.jpg

100914192453.jpg

100914192540.jpg

100914192606.jpg

100914192703.jpg

100914192722.jpg

100914192649.jpg

100914192632.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,494 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

nice stuff you got there, the yellow loco look particularly nice :)

best of luck in getting it all layed out.
    The only issue you'll face is that HO is expensive for stock as and although you can run it side by side with OO it looks a bit odd. track is the same though.

if you do decide to get rid of the stuff a guy called "wrenneire" on the model forum in my sig may be worht giving a shout. He buys and sell all that kinda stuff so may be in a position to value it and maybe take it off your hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 domel45

I'm also a bit into H0 modelling, but more about cars and scenery, maybe i can be of some asistance.

Are you building a diorama or just laying down the tracks and messing around?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭andyseadog

funny time to see this dragged back up :)

i'm returning to edu in september, so a combination of having no time due to the former and a need of funds for same i'm going to regretfully have to let these go.

shame as i really did want to get stuck in :(

i'd now appreciate any recommendations of the quickest way to get rid of these, i don't really want to put them on buyandsell or donedeal or the likes and be bombarded with timewasters. and if anyone has a ballpark figure of what a 'very quick sale needed' price of this stuff would be?

would more accurate photos/ list of content be necessary

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Usually if you divide the new price by 3 and also divide by 2, the quick sale price for private sale would be somewhere in between those figures.

Put a classified ad in adverts.ie with photos, and that thread can contain all the questions from prospective buyers.
    Then put a link in this thread to direct boardsies from here to your adverts.ie thread.

aside from adverts try

http://irishrailwaymodeller.yuku.com/directory
    www.modelrailforum.co.uk
    www.rmweb.co.uk

the 2nd and 3rd, not sure if you have to have s et number of posts or anything to stick up an advert though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

how much would you be looking for this?

i used to have hornby sets years ago but they were too big this might suit me better.

skelliser wrote: »
    how much would you be looking for this?

i used to have hornby sets years ago but they were too big this might suit me better.

they are effectively the same size. 1:87 vs 1:76 but run on the same track...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

they are effectively the same size. 1:87 vs 1:76 but run on the same track...

Oh right! My bad.

Still interested tho!

Advertisement