Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meeting at work

Options
  • 12-03-2011 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I have a meeting at work next week with My team Leader and HR boss.everyone in my team will be having these meetings. Im nervous over this,they just want to go through our performance and we have to come up with ideas on how to improve our work,anyone have any ideas on how i should approach this.I work in Finance by the way.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 644 ✭✭✭filthymcnasty

creeko wrote: »
    I have a meeting at work next week with My team Leader and HR boss.everyone in my team will be having these meetings. Im nervous over this,they just want to go through our performance and we have to come up with ideas on how to improve our work,anyone have any ideas on how i should approach this.I work in Finance by the way.

Just sounds like a regular review- Fairly normal in most workplaces. Wouldn't worry a huge amount about if you have been a decent worker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

standard fare in most companies I'd say. I'd keep a list of what you've done last year handy (anything that stands out beyond your normal job, special projects, things where you really thought you did brilliantly, or even stuff you handled well, etc), and then maybe try and identify an area or two where you think you could improve - for example, soft skills (effective communication or something).

And, if you really, really want to, have one topic where you think you could imrove on for the whole team - clean up a server, streamline a process, employee incentives, that kind of thing ;-))

You could also ask your manager to clarify if you are absolutely stuck.

But I wouldn't worry too much about it - usually you can always make stuff up on the spot that's relevant ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Is this your first formal performance review??
    If targets (KPI's) have been set in the past you should review them before the meeting and understand your performance against them, understand any issues and make sure you highlight any instances where you exceed the targets.

If this is a meeting to start setting targets then you ensure they are tangible, try to avoid agreeing to "fluffy" non measured targets as the future performance to them can be interpreted to suit many ends (it's a good trick for wiggle room if your setting KPI's).

Advertisement