Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Murphys Draught Can

Options
  • 12-03-2011 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭

Bought a 6 pack of these from Dunnes. Every single one was like a pint poured in a Pub. Far superior to Guinness imo. Its been a while since I drank a can of Murphys but these were top notch.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Mo14

Seeing as you're from Carlow, might I recommend The Carlow Brewing Company's stouts? If you're into 'top notch' stouts I'd say you'll like them a lot.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Though if you like it nitrogenated like in the pub, you will have to get your O'Hara's in an actual pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

BeerNut wrote: »
    Though if you like it nitrogenated like in the pub, you will have to get your O'Hara's in an actual pub.

.. and he'll have to travel outside Carlow to do so i'm afraid.
    Well Carlow town at least. Maybe a pub or two in Bagnelstown are serving it seeing as the brewery is operating there.

Well Carlow town at least. Maybe a pub or two in Bagnelstown are serving it seeing as the brewery is operating there.
    Nope. The directory of bars which serve Irish craft beer shows a big fat zero for the entire county of Carlow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

They sell the Carlow Brewing Co. stuff in the G.B. Shaw theatre in Carlow town (bottles only). Not really a pub though.

• Advertisement

Still, that's good to know. I'll add it in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭BenShermin

I find Murphys and Beamish to be superior to Guinness. I always have a few pints of Murphys when I find myself in Cork. In any boozer that isn't the Franciscan Well that is;).

If I'm in a pub in Dublin that doesn't do any craft brews or Guinness Extra in the bottle I'll always opt for a Beamish, more often then not it's both the cheapest and the best gargle in the house.

Advertisement