Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I AM YOUR DISEASE

Options
  • 12-03-2011 11:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭

:mad:I hate meetings, I hate higher power. I hate anyone who has a programme.
    To all who come in contact with me, I wish death and suffering.

Allow me to introduce myself. I am the disease of alcoholism, cunning, baffling, and powerful.

Ive killed millions, and i'm pleased. I love to catch you out with the element of surprise.
    I love pretending i'm your friend and lover. I have given you comfort, have I not ?

Wasn't I there when you were lonely ? when you wanted to die, didn't you call me ? I love to make you hurt - I make you so numb you can neither hurt nor cry.you can't feel anything at all.
    I will give you instant gratification, and all will ask of you is long-term suffering.

I've been there for you always, when things were going right in your life, you invited me. You said you didn't deserve these good things, and I was the only one who would agree with you.

Together we were able to destroy all good things in your life.

People don't take me seriously. they take strokes, heart attacks, and diabetes seriously. fools that they are, they don't know that without my help these things would not be possible.

I'm such a hated disease, and yet I don't come uninvited. You choose to have me.

So many have chosen me over reality and peace.
    more than you hate me; I hate all of you who have a 12 step programme. your programme, your meetings, your support,s , your communitties - all weaken me and I can't function in the manner I am accustomed to.

Now must lie here quietly. you don't see me, but I am growing bigger then ever. when you only exist, I may live. when you live I only exist.
    but I am here ... and until we meet again, if we ever meet again,
    I wish you death and suffering .:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

Just relax and have a drink

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

Just relax and have a drink

+1. The op sounds thirsty. Get a whiskey glass, fill with ice and pour yourself a nice big glass of Jamesons. It might help you relax a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

My peers, lately, have found companionship through means of intoxication - it makes them sociable. I, however, cannot force myself to use drugs to cheat on my loneliness - it is all that I have - and when the drugs and alcohol dissipate, will be all that my peers have as well.
    Franz Kafka

Mods, can someone move this to AH where it can get the ridicule it rightly deserves?

Why ? do you think alcoholism is a joke

• Advertisement

realies wrote: »
    Why ? do you think alcoholism is a joke

No, I think you're a joke.

The title of this group is non-drinkers group. It's not called "lets all behave like recovering alcoholic moonbats"

It's like going into the soc-parenting forum and writing a big blog called "i am your birth control" or going into soc-garda recruitment forum and writing a bizarre blog called "im that guy who pissed against the nightclub wall last friday".. or the vegan forum and writing "i'm a big hamburger"

You obviously found that ridiculous post, thought it was clever, and as it didn't fit your usual haunts of "humour" or "after hours" you posted it here. It's just out of place.

tenchi-fan wrote: »

The title of this group is non-drinkers group. It's not called "lets all behave like recovering alcoholic moonbats"

It's like going into the soc-parenting forum and writing a big blog called "i am your birth control" or going into soc-garda recruitment forum and writing a bizarre blog called "im that guy who pissed against the nightclub wall last friday".. or the vegan forum and writing "i'm a big hamburger"

You obviously found that ridiculous post, thought it was clever, and as it didn't fit your usual haunts of "humour" or "after hours" you posted it here. It's just out of place.

I am a recovering alcoholic as are some others here, and for your information i post here quite often, but as you just checked out my last few posts and you don't be here i wouldn't think you would know that, as your opinion of me well that's your opinion with counts for absolutely nothing to me,

And it is you who is out of place.

My apologies, I have noticed that you have never posted in this forum before, Is there anything we can help you with re abuse of alcohol ? or maybe you haven't a problem but you would like to stop for a while which is quite understandable, a lot of people try that.helps clear the mind & body.

realies wrote: »
    My apologies, I have noticed that you have never posted in this forum before, Is there anything we can help you with re abuse of alcohol ?

sorta goes against the forum charter. Per the sticky at the top of the page:
    The admins decided a few months ago that this forum can not serve the purpose of being a support group, and that it should be solely used as a social group for those non-drinkers (alcoholics or otherwise) who want to have some fun with other non-drinkers.

There's nothing fun about your post, realies. It's just sad and depressing.

Well tenchi-fan this crap that me & others have/are going through is very sad & very depressing and it was just a reminder that the alcohol monster (for us) is always just waiting for us to slip. And without being dismissive but you have to be going/gone through it to appreciate were i was coming from.

Anyway not to worry as i am sure the mods will move or lock it if they see fit,now of to the humour thread :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

tenchi-fan wrote: »

If you also went into the vegan forum and suggested that one of the posters "go eat a hamburger" then I would be quite sure that you would receive either a red card or a ban.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

And that's enough of that.

Infractions for the trolls.

Why bother coming to the forum if that's all you're going to post? Pointless. There are better forums to troll if you're that way inclined.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement