Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thai/Japanese Sleeve

Options
  • 13-03-2011 12:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭

Was gonna wait till next weekend when i actually have some new ink under my skin before posting but i was so pleased with how my consultation went this morning that i taught i'd say something sooner....

Been thinking about designs for my left arm for about 2 1/2 years now, talked to about 15 different artists and looked at 1000's of images. Was getting pretty fed up with being told "Ya i can done something with that, make an appointment, pay a deposit and i'll knock something up on the day"

However this morning i met with Phil Cummins in Cobh, absolute gent, He had a look at the reference material i brought, saw the script that i already have on my arm and the ideas started flowing. He came up with some fantastic ideas and most importantly he seems into doing the piece. Made a big change from some of the artists i spoke 2 that were more into turning a fast few euro than actually putting the effort into the tattoo.

After seeing some of his work i reckon i should have a beautiful piece when its finished.

Best of all he's agreed to start work next saturday evening :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭InkNut

Sounds good, glad to hear your getting it started:) Started my 3/4 japanese sleeve a few months ago and have had two sessions so far with hopefully just one to go when I can fork out the cash.

Absolutely love the japanese style. What kind of designs and elements are you getting?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

InkNut wrote: »
    Sounds good, glad to hear your getting it started:) Started my 3/4 japanese sleeve a few months ago and have had two sessions so far with hopefully just one to go when I can fork out the cash.

Absolutely love the japanese style. What kind of designs and elements are you getting?:)

There's thai script already on my arm so i'm going for buddha to tie into that, then a koi, cherry blossoms & water.
    Mostly black & grey but with a bit of colour on the cherry blossoms & the koi's eyes.
    There'll also be a negative spaced design worked into it
    I'm toying with the idea of having buddha as dot work but i'll have to see how it'll work in with the rest :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Im going for a Japanese sleeve too. Have the first piece done, a kind of Hannya mask on my inner bicep. Ill be getting a Fu dog next, definitely no Koi or cherry blossoms in this one.

Clohane wrote: »
    There's thai script already on my arm so i'm going for buddha to tie into that, then a koi, cherry blossoms & water.
    Mostly black & grey but with a bit of colour on the cherry blossoms & the koi's eyes.
    There'll also be a negative spaced design worked into it
    I'm toying with the idea of having buddha as dot work but i'll have to see how it'll work in with the rest :D

Yeah iv got script covering the inside bicep part of my arm so it'll be interesting to see how the artist works around it/through it on the next session. I'm a bit wary cos it looks quite perfect as it is.
    The buddha idea sounds cool ive seen it in japanese sleeves before and looks excellent. Yeah mine is mostly black and grey too but I have a blue rose and a magenta/pink lotus in it. The little bits with colour look always look very well with the black and grey. Have a koi fish filling up a big part of the back of the arm but not being the focal point of the back. Going to get a few colour cherry blossoms around the shoulder area on the last sitting. Not sure what I want him to fill the rest up with though as I already have a fair bit of water in there. Maybe those swirly smoke designs ha.

What colour are you thinking of making the koi's eyes? Cool idea if you're not into having a fully coloured koi:)

Melion wrote: »
    Im going for a Japanese sleeve too. Have the first piece done, a kind of Hannya mask on my inner bicep. Ill be getting a Fu dog next, definitely no Koi or cherry blossoms in this one.

Melion, Hannya's and fu dogs are cool, very eye catching. Probably going a bit more mainstream japanese myself ha.

• Advertisement

InkNut wrote: »
    Yeah iv got script covering the inside bicep part of my arm so it'll be interesting to see how the artist works around it/through it on the next session. I'm a bit wary cos it looks quite perfect as it is.
    The buddha idea sounds cool ive seen it in japanese sleeves before and looks excellent. Yeah mine is mostly black and grey too but I have a blue rose and a magenta/pink lotus in it. The little bits with colour look always look very well with the black and grey. Have a koi fish filling up a big part of the back of the arm but not being the focal point of the back. Going to get a few colour cherry blossoms around the shoulder area on the last sitting. Not sure what I want him to fill the rest up with though as I already have a fair bit of water in there. Maybe those swirly smoke designs ha.

What colour are you thinking of making the koi's eyes? Cool idea if you're not into having a fully coloured koi:)

Going for a black, grey & red theme i think, wont be doing colour until the last session so i've a while 2 be thinking about it. There'll be colour on the cherry blossoms as-well so i think red mould be the most suitable option

If anyone wants a look at the pics after my first session have a look in the "I'll Show You Mine, If You Show Me Yours " thread.
    Delighted with how its turned out, really looking forward to my next session in 3 weeks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Please do!

Sorry? :D

Session 2 complete.... one more 2 go :D

2c25137d.jpg

28c72beb.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement