Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biology: Rapid Revision or Revise Wise?

• 13-03-2011 12:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Which revision book is better? Most people I know have the Revise Wise but I had Joe Reville at a Biology lecture today and he was absolutely amazing. He has all these weird ways that help you remember stuff and really funny too. Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Patriciamc93

I have both.... And by far I find revise wise better. But it depends what you are looking for : revise wise is very good in that it contains what is in the syllabus ( could get an a with it), where as rapid revision is much more revision...... If that makes sense (you could get a b2) it has less detail. I also find that the diagrams in the revise wise are much clearer. and some of the experiments are explained very well like the DNA isolation one.

Anyway hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

I found Revise Wise amazing, goes through this easily and efficiently and gives you most of the stuff you need (no revision book can give you everything). I never used Rapid Revision myself, I did try Less stress More Success and didn't like that for Biology at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

What about essential exam revision? The one by Sarah Dilleen that's the one I use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I like revisewise but for some subjects (ie chemistry) they can over condense things and leave stuff out. They're good for Biology though, I'd have a flick through each of them (they probably have them in your school library if you have a library) and see which one suits you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 674 ✭✭✭karkar athlete

I have Essentials unfolded Biology by Mona Murray, The Celtic Press, it tiny but really good has bascially everything you need to know diagrams and experiments and all!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭Bbbbolger

Doesn't Joe Reville do his own book? A white A4 book. It goes into excess detail in places but I find it very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 iloveboobies

Thanks for the comments guys. It really helped :)
    NotExactly wrote: »
    What about essential exam revision? The one by Sarah Dilleen that's the one I use.

I actually have that book already and it's actually good but at some topics it doesn't seem to give enough explanation or info. Thanks anyway for the reply :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

It took up biology 2 months before the leaving using only rapid revision and I got a b2 in ordinary, good concise book.

Bbbbolger wrote: »
    Doesn't Joe Reville do his own book? A white A4 book. It goes into excess detail in places but I find it very good.

He did provide us an A4 book yesterday but it was just solutions to the exam papers with a bit of explanation on the answers cause he said that he assumed that we already had revision books and all.

I have Essentials unfolded Biology by Mona Murray, The Celtic Press, it tiny but really good has bascially everything you need to know diagrams and experiments and all!!

I heard they were good, I'll prolly buy them as well, might come handy. Thanks ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement