Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paddy's Day Naas/Newbridge?

Options
  • 13-03-2011 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭

Hi,

New to the area.

Just wondering, are there any parades or kiddie friendly activities on around Naas, Newbridge, or the surrounding areas for Paddy's day?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

Naas' parade is usually Easter - though I'm not 100% sure if that stands this year. Newbridge town probably will have a parade. Other than that I don't know any more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

newbridge are having a parade this year. it normally starts around 1pm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

Was at Newbridge last year. Wasn't great. No floats just a lot of clubs marching, army and fire brigade.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Damien360

TheBazman wrote: »
    Was at Newbridge last year. Wasn't great. No floats just a lot of clubs marching, army and fire brigade.

newbridge was a very large parade last year but for some reason known only to our elected officials, they put a stand at the bottom of the town for viewing which every single participant stopped at to do something. This caused a huge jam and the tail end of the parade actually walked away. Stand up near the credit union to get good viewing. If you go closer to the middle of the town near post office, everyone rushes out to the edge of the street and your kids will see nothing. The section close to credit union is tight and people stay on the path behind the barriers.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Claonadh1

There's also a parade in Clane. It's a real family friendly event and a good day out. You can see more on http://www.clanefestival.ie/.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

I don't have the link just now but there's an article on leinsterleader.ie outlining your parade options.

Advertisement