Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Laptop not updating

• 13-03-2011 12:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭

I have a problem with my laptop lately in that when I go to shutdown it does to log off, then blue screen (vista operating system) says updating your system update 1 of 4 etc dont power off your machine.

But my problem is that this stays on, even left laptop on overnight and the exact same message was on it in the morning, only way to get rid if to power off which I have no choice to do.

Notice when I do turn it back on it takes ages to get onto the desktop and is very slow in loading.

Has anyone any solutions for me as to why this is and how it can be fixed ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭Razzuh

Hi,

There are a lot of reasons why updates can fail. Here's what to do first:

Make sure you are logged on as a computer administrator: (go to 'users' in control panel and check 'administrator' is written somewhere around your username)

Click 'Start'->allPrograms-> Windows Update.

Use this to search for and install updates. It should try to install the updates on front of you and it might give you an error message if they fail here like they do when they try to install during shutdown.

If they still fail and you don't get an error or some kind of message, go to control panel and click 'administrator tools'. Open 'Event viewer' and look through the logs in here for error messages.

Post back with any error messages or error codes that you get and then we can try to find a solution.

Advertisement