Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LCVP Work Experience

• 13-03-2011 1:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hello

My friend and I were considering doing work experience in a solicitors office. I just have a couple of questions

1) Is it likely we'll get a place there?

2) To anyone who worked there before or knows anyone, whats it like for the week?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

A girl in my class got a place in a solicitor's office before so it's definitely possible to get. I don't remember much of what she said about it, just that she couldn't mention the names of any of the people they worked with or that she observed.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

I know a couple of people who got work in a solicitor's office so yeah, it's definitely possible.

And they said parts of it were incredibly boring, but some parts were really interesting. I think they found going to court and observing some cases interesting, but sitting in the office photocopying and shredding boring, but that's to be expected. And most work experience places will have elements of that anyway.

Advertisement