Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magento Go

Options
  • 13-03-2011 1:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭

Anyone use magento go before? I signed up to the free trail and really like the flexibility it offers. Its also good just to help get a small business off the ground and selling online. There plans are also quite reasonable.

As a small business selling video games could something like this be sufficient? I was looking at getting a website design but was looking in the range of 3-5k and for only starting i think that is a big risk, using something like this will allow me to sell products and gauge if there is a decent market for the products before committing to an investment like that.

Does anyone know if realex is compatible with magento go?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Just had a quick look at it - hadn't heard of it, I've been using Magento's standard community edition.

First thing that stands out is you seem to be restricted to <storename>.gostorego.com, which isn't great from an SEO point of view.

Can't find any mention of Realex with it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭steve_

Yeah i couldnt find anything to do with realex. I emailed realex asking if they support it, but havent heard back. Is sagepay a good alternative? As for custom domains you can set that in the user control panel, but you must be signed up to a plan. So about 25dollars per month

Edit: Just got an email from realex. They said it wont be a problem to set up there sytem with a magento go store as the shopping cart is pretty much the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭steve_

I was wondering if anyone would know whether its possible to merge both a wordpress blog and magento store together?

Advertisement