Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sheppard scopes

Options
  • 13-03-2011 2:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭

A US made scope ,with an inbuilt non mechanical range finder.
    Basically various circles out to 1000 yards.Fit your target between the appropriate circle,[IE deer between shoulder and brisket].Keep the micro X hairs on target and let fly.

Anyone use this brand? Or the like set up??Gimmick or Godsend?
    discuss.:)

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

There was one in the for sale section a while back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Basically various circles out to 1000 yards.Fit your target between the appropriate circle,[IE deer between shoulder and brisket].Keep the micro X hairs on target and let fly.

From what I read and heard they are a godsend. It does exactly what it says on the box

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭kay 9

Was contemplating in getting one some time ago. They do a varmint model for the 5.56/.223 which got really good reviews. Don't know if they are still in production though.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭zeissman

I know a guy who had one on his stalking rifle but he didnt like it.
    I had a look through it one evening and I thought the optics were poor in low light compared to my zeiss conquest.
    He has now got himself a conquest and put the sheppard on his 22lr.
    I think they are way overpriced for what you get.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Still around alright.The price is intresting $699 for all models.:)
    Midway does them,but as perusual with midway,unorderable unless thru its franchise in whatever country you are in.:rolleyes:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

Still around alright.The price is intresting $699 for all models.:)
    Midway does them,but as perusual with midway,unorderable unless thru its franchise in whatever country you are in.:rolleyes:

Mid west shooting supplies is an agent for them I think but dont hold your breath trying to contact him you would be quicker walking to USA

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Thats a fact!!:D

Advertisement