Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Admins currently online

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Maybe something as simple as a button in the reported posts forum that sends a PM to the person reporting the post to say it has been looked at? Some thread tools option that marks the reported post thread as [UNDER REVIEW] or [CLOSED] and auto-PMs the status to the OP; that way other mods can easily see if a thread is being handled.

I might have gone a bit off topic...
    Something like this has been mentioned before as well. Personally, I also don't like this idea. If I look at something and decide it doesn't need acting upon, I don't need the potential for people to start PMing saying they know I looked at it and why haven't I done anything about it yet.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

LoLth wrote: »
    Better option as already mentioned would be to have an admin/cmod/mod inbox that can be picked up by the pool of cmods/admins/mods perhaps a version of the admin clinic (that we use for mods) for each category?

More forums to check?
    How necessary would that actually be?
    I mean, will someone actually die if the Mod doesn't instantly answer a PM?
    A reported post will go to all mods of a particular forum + the CMod.
    I really don't understand what could be so urgent that it needs an instant reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Wibbs wrote: »
    Yea real clever showing how many admins(or mods) are online. Instant invitation for the fcukwits/spammers/trolls to charge in.

Unless we use a random number generator to report how many are online...

random_number.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Beruthiel wrote: »
    More forums to check?
    How necessary would that actually be?
    I mean, will someone actually die if the Mod doesn't instantly answer a PM?
    A reported post will go to all mods of a particular forum + the CMod.
    I really don't understand what could be so urgent that it needs an instant reply.

I'd say most posters wouldn't expect an instant reply, they understand the time commitments involved. For those that do demand a reply, I'd make them wait even longer! ;)

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Advertisement