Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEED AMERICAN PROXY

Options
  • 13-03-2011 4:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭

great site www.anonymous.org but i want the same layout but american proxy

this is in germany or europe somewhere. honest i forget somewhere europe
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,974 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

bpb101 wrote: »
    great site www.anonymous.org but i want the same layout but american proxy

this is in germany or europe somewhere. honest i forget somewhere europe
    Proxies provide a certain degree of anonymity but they are not intended to bypass country and region content blocks. Once a bypass proxy is found content providers make a habit of ensuring they are sealed off, and many actively search out proxy sites simply to blacklist those IPs.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Blargh

Heres a free vpn from the u.s if thats an use for you :)

Link

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

Overheal wrote: »
    Proxies provide a certain degree of anonymity but they are not intended to bypass country and region content blocks. Once a bypass proxy is found content providers make a habit of ensuring they are sealed off, and many actively search out proxy sites simply to blacklist those IPs.

i dont want to bypass the goverment want to use it so i can play video on megavideo and fox,com

bpb101 wrote: »
    i dont want to bypass the goverment want to use it so i can play video on megavideo and fox,com
    Which is precisely an illegal use of the proxy.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Is it actually illegal to use a proxy to watch TV?

• Advertisement

Its definitely against the ToCs on those websites at least.

Being more of a pragmatist you could take the chinese model and say it isnt illegal in Ireland so let it fly? Im not terribly bothered or anything just thought it was worth mentioning.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Did you try ToR ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Overheal wrote: »
    Which is precisely an illegal use of the proxy.

Doubt it, its against their terms and conditions under US law but I very much doubt you're breaking any laws here

https://www.overplay.net/
    I ran my months trial of Netflix and Vudu on Boxee through the free vpn provided by this crowd, SD was fine but as its a free vpn speeds topped at around 2mbit, not enough for HD. The paid for vpn they provide is much faster. Register for free and without selecting a subscription click servers details, the free one will be listed at the top. If i was going for a subscription I'd go with this crowd as they come very highly recommended on the Boxee, XBMC and AVS forums

Khannie wrote: »
    Is it actually illegal to use a proxy to watch TV?
    i just want it to watch them 2 minutes clips that fox puts up

Blargh wrote: »
    Heres a free vpn from the u.s if thats an use for you :)

Link
    im using that now thanks a lot it great ...sorry all i didnt reply

• Advertisement
Advertisement