Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is the following advertising?

Options
  • 13-03-2011 4:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭

Basically, I live in Dublin City and I am used to only a few pubs. Between these pubs, I get what I want (late night/dancing/early afternoon drinks/so on). There are two pubs I try to advise people to go to (since I know the most about these two pubs. I've actually been saying that I would advise them a lot more recently but, I'm sort of worried. While I won't say "go here", I will say (assuming it's what I think the person would enjoy/like) "you might want to try X, it has the following:", but only when I think of it suiting the question asker/OP.

I have advised both pubs a lot (I actually don't work for them, I just tend to be able to say I had the least ((as a group with me)) problems overall and if I think the OP would enjoy them, I will tell them about them); but even if I give a good description and why they'd like them, I worry I say about them too much on the Dublin forum.

So is there a specific manner (so to speak) about advertising? I always like to say the reasons they should go to my favourite two bars but also say the disadvantages, I've never been warned about advertising or anything but I'm slightly worried now since I do mention them a lot in the Dublin City Centre Forum.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

If you're giving recommendations based on experience, that's fine.

If you're being paid by the pubs to do so, that's not fine.

If you own the pubs and don't say so, pretending instead to be an ordinary punter, that's also not fine.

Does that help clarify?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Chaotic_Forces

Alright the clears it up. I wouldn't want to work in either of them, far too busy :P

Yeah, I just usually mention those two. Cheers.

Advertisement