Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Shops?

Options
  • 13-03-2011 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭

Howdy all,

Was just wondering if there are any online Australian shops people recommend?

Specifically for electronics type of products like Komplett? Or even one with decent segments for that like pixmania (1 can't believe they dont have their own amazon)?

Cheers guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

I've bought a lot of books off amazon (.co.uk and .com) - I've found that it's often been cheaper, even with the shipping charges included.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Vorsprung wrote: »
    I've bought a lot of books off amazon (.co.uk and .com) - I've found that it's often been cheaper, even with the shipping charges included.

Cheers - i have bought off amazon.com already but the shipping tends to be a bit steep for single items. It was about $40 to ship an underwater camera case the last time i ordered something (20% of the total).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Lu Tze wrote: »
    Howdy all,

Was just wondering if there are any online Australian shops people recommend?

Specifically for electronics type of products like Komplett? Or even one with decent segments for that like pixmania (1 can't believe they dont have their own amazon)?

Cheers guys

Not exactly an online shop but a computer forum which is very popular is
    http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/ and they will prob have lots of links for techie stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Just got an email from amazon today - free shipping to Oz on books/DVDs/CDs in orders over £25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 freewheeling

I'd second (or third?) the amazon option.

Sometimes though it's worth just Googling whatever you want to buy and then enquiring at individual retailers about shipping. A few times I've phoned up, paid by credit card and had them ship to me and it's been cheaper than buying online the the usual way. Did this with a camera as well as a computer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement