Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No census form?

Options
  • 13-03-2011 9:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭

Anyone else not got their census form?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

They only started handing them out of Friday. You have another 4 weeks before census day.

http://www.census2011.ie/census/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

So, will they pop the form through the mailbox or do you actually need to be home? I've never done a census - I'm actaully excited about it :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

sNarah wrote: »
    So, will they pop the form through the mailbox or do you actually need to be home? I've never done a census - I'm actaully excited about it :o

Usually home but if not they pop in a card with a number to call for arranging for them to call back with the census form. Its like filling in an online survey not so exciting at question 10 of 100.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭datk

I got mine today (Dublin 11)! Now I just have to wait until the 10th April!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Benjy

Got mine yesterday afternoon. The enumerator took details about head of household, the number of people normally resident at address, and confirmed that the address was correct. These details were then entered in a master sheet. The enumerator then explained the form, how to fill it in and pointed out some changes from the previous census.

Here is a link containing the duties of an enumerator:

http://census.ie/_uploads/documents/PDFS/Census_Enumerator_Information_Booklet.pdf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Got ours yesterday as well - particulars similar to Benjy's above.

Oh

I can't wait!!!

(and yes I usually get excited about ridiculous things!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Whilst I agree 100% with the principle of having a census, I'm not comfortable with the detail of some info required. If it falls into the wrong hands identity theft can very easily be committed. But you're obliged by law to cooperate so there's no way out.

Um. I still have mine?

That's not normal, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Um. I still have mine?

Not really they collected mine on the tuesday after the census. Maybe you should ring

Census Helpline 1890 2011 11

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Um. I still have mine?

http://www.census.ie/The-Census-and-You/Your-Questions.90.1.aspx#enu_collect
    When will the enumerator collect my completed census form?

The enumerator will return between Monday 11 April and Monday 9 May to collect your completed form. In the meantime please keep your completed Census Form in a safe place and at hand until the Enumerator calls to collect it. If you miss your enumerator when they call, they will leave a calling card with their name and number. Please call or text them to arrange a suitable time to collect your form.

Advertisement