Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking for Patricks Day

• 13-03-2011 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭

Hoping to head in, from ncw, to the city parade on thursday and just wondering how early would i need to be in to get parked in one of the multi-stories (preferrably arthurs quay or dunnes)? I know it's to begin around 12 so i was sort of planning to be in and parked around 11. Would i need to be in earlier than that?

I'd like to keep the parking as central possible as Mrs D has a bun in the oven:) and the less walking that she needs to do the better.....for me as i wont have to listen to her moaning :D

Thanks for any help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

If you park in the multistories down town then you'll be parking twice, once in the car park, and then on the quays trying to get out of town. My advice would be in a bit earlier and find parking on one of the side streets along the parade route, then when you're ready it's just a case of getting into the car and off you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭salad dodger

Good thinking but will thursday count the same as a sunday/bank holiday as far as not needing parking discs or tickets for on-street parking?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Good thinking but will thursday count the same as a sunday/bank holiday as far as not needing parking discs or tickets for on-street parking?
    No need for a parking disc on St Patrick's day my friend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭xxlauraxxox

old clare street down by unidrug is 5mins walk from town and free parking on public holidays

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

old clare street down by unidrug is 5mins walk from town and free parking on public holidays
    That's also the opposite side of town from where the OP is coming into the city from
    Op if you were in early enough a street like Wolfe Tone street or Edward street might do you especially if you have the car parked the right direction

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

park in the crescent and get the bus in, or walk, the parade goes up as far as O'connell avenue which is only a few mins walk from the crescent anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,339 ✭✭✭✭phog

If you want to reduce the walking times I'd drive in to the car park between Thomas St and Roches St, walk to O'Connell St/Roches St junction and watch the parade. After the parade, exit the car park via Roches St, left onto Catherine St continue as far as Hartstonge St where you turn right heading for O'Connell St. then turn left to head back out of town.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭salad dodger

phog wrote: »
    If you want to reduce the walking times I'd drive in to the car park between Thomas St and Roches St, walk to O'Connell St/Roches St junction and watch the parade. After the parade, exit the car park via Roches St, left onto Catherine St continue as far as Hartstonge St where you turn right heading for O'Connell St. then turn left to head back out of town.

That sounds like just the plan I was hoping for :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Amcm1989

Does anyone know if street parking is free in cork 2moro?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Amcm1989 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if street parking is free in cork 2moro?!

This is the Limerick forum mate, try here, they'll be able to help ya out.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement