Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gun shops on dublin

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Sorry I should have split the quote

G&B have the Irish Market cornered because nobody else took the place 4-5 years ago with all t5he Celtic Tiger Cubs being born by the minute at the time.

Dave Mullivhill sold a mate of mine, a Rifle Bipod,Moderator and ammo in part payment/Trade and credit card deductions of a set fee for a few months off the guys creditcard.
    Now that was good Business sense as all parties got what they wanted

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Dave Mullivhill sold a mate of mine, a Rifle Bipod,Moderator and ammo in part payment/Trade and credit card deductions of a set fee for a few months off the guys creditcard.

What??????????????????????????????????????????????????????:confused:
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Ezridax wrote: »
    What??????????????????????????????????????????????????????:confused:

Yep, a bit like the way you pay your sky Via credit card etc

Rig was €1000
    €600 up front and 10 repayments of €40

That's Business sense in my Humble opinion.

Market a product to a cost base that is facilitating to the guy on a low income as there are more of them guys out there than the rich guys holding on to their dosh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

I think that you might mean Pat Cleere...

You're Right , I think he's still in business somewhere up in Meath or north Dublin doing fishing tackle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭emptyshed

To get back on target...pardon the pun.
    Quick answer to question is no there are no great gun shops in the Dublin area.
    I buy as much ammo etc. in the West, prices are better, service etc.

Can only speak from experience of 4 Dublin stores

Tallaght Rod and Gun, (Got 2 firearms from Stephen), can be a bit grumpy...but he does have a lot of tyre kicking ejits wrecking his head.
    Bluff him on prices, he always seems to drop a few euro.

Lucan.... every time I go in he's talking fishing with clients, wont interupt the chat to see if he can help ya.... I've often visited, waited, waited, then driven to tallaght to buy ammo!!

Place smells ridiculously damp and unhealthy....
    .....however, when ya do get him he's great service and decent enough on price.

Clebridge Hobby Shop.....
    I'm told the father is a gentleman (George I think), however I've only had dealings with the son, who reminds you of that one son in every family business around the world...no interest, hasn't a breeze and amazed their still in business...bought one firearm there, wouldnt go back ever.

Didn't know Rorys was still selling ammo, can anyone confirm they are?
    Always decent service, last ammo I got there was about 2 years back, and it still had Irish punt prices, so I'd wonder about the turnover there!!

I do understand the business aint an easy one, all us shooters are tight feckers! but I recon the ins and outs of a business are another thread.... but then again its the shootin forum, we'll be anywhere but on target:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Drake66 wrote: »
    Just a quick aside from a non-shooter. How long has Watts on Ormond Quay been closed for? I remember my Dad taking me in there years ago.

1990 they closed.After a serious bit of stupidity with a pistol that ended up in a murder I belive, or so the story goes.
    Or was that Johhnie Watts in Glasnevin??As they went soon after as well??:confused:

Sparks
    Do you not think I would have tried to cut out the Middle man?

Hornady would not send me a baseball cap nor Nightforce a T-Shirt unless it went through G&B

Sewn up!

Not to mind Remington as well!They have the import franchise for Remington ,and trying to get a price from them is like trying to get the launch codes form US SAC for the missiles!Wont even go there to tell you how much bother I had trying to get a price for the R25 and them stating that it ONLY came in .223!:o

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

I happened to be walking past rorys's in temple bar today and he has a sign in the window saying that he does stock both rifle and shotgun ammunition. Just if anyone is interested and he is the last shop in dublin city centre stocking anything to do with shooting.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭meathshooter1

rowa wrote: »
    You're Right , I think he's still in business somewhere up in Meath or north Dublin doing fishing tackle.

Pat Cleere is in clane in the industrial estate on the kilcock road.its been a few year since Ive been there, don't know if he is still in business.Pat worked in Garnett and Keegan once upon a time before opening in beford row, if my memory Sevres me well

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭meathshooter1

emptyshed wrote: »
    Celbridge Hobby Shop.....
    I'm told the father is a gentleman (George I think), however I've only had dealings with the son, who reminds you of that one son in every family business around the world...no interest, hasn't a breeze and amazed their still in business...bought one firearm there, wouldnt go back ever.
    they are back in businness different premises,the son is long gone.its now being run by Georges brother who is a keen deer stalker and a nice fella,George is taken a back seat but does be there the odd time and is a proper gent.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭mrbrianj

As others said on page 1, Neil McVeigh in Monkstown, Crescent Sports.
    Good guy to deal with.

Seems to have a good cross section of guns, gun room is behind the counter but he will show you whatever you are interested in, so no problem there. Plenty of scopes and other bits and bobs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭H.O.T.A.S.

Can anyone confirm that Rory's are still selling ammo? Would be great having somewhere in the city centre to stock up on .22LR Hunting Rounds. Also anybody have any idea what range they stock Subs/FMJ/JHP?

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭H.O.T.A.S.

Decided to check out Rory's today.

He does indeed still stock ammo. Mostly Eley shells as well as Lapua Subs .22LR, Remington Yellow Jackets .22LR and CCI Stingers .22LR. Didn't have a look at any other calibres unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Cheers for that. I think I'll get off my arse tomorrow at lunch time and stroll over for a look. Could do with a box of .25-06 ammo if there's any there, just to be safe for sunday.

Cheers for that. I think I'll get off my arse tomorrow at lunch time and stroll over for a look. Could do with a box of .25-06 ammo if there's any there, just to be safe for sunday.

I doubt if he does centre fire ammo , think it's just shotgun shells and rimfire hunting stuff .

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Yeah, just chancing my arm, but I'll never know otherwise. A dealer so close to college would be very handy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Mauser 308

Sparks

Do you not think I would have tried to cut out the Middle man?

Hornady would not send me a baseball cap nor Nightforce a T-Shirt unless it went through G&B

Sewn up!

There is a decent mark up on a NF scope and they do not take up as much shelf space as clothing and us Irish only require 2-3 models of them

And Dave Mullivhill has a Large Selection of Peashooters a long with a nice selection of affordable rifles!

Embrace the Dark side sparks
    Head West of the Pale!
    Tack what is he charging for the sst supers in 308?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement