Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attack in Hillview

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭insight_man

seanybiker wrote: »
    161 jaysus. Death penalty. Fook it. I know he didn't murder anyone but with that amount of convictions it would be cheaper in the long run to kill him. Give a local chap a days work building the gallows

Great idea. No place for these kinds of people in normal society.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

The scum that did that are seemingly minors so they will problally get wrapped up in cotton wool, and pff for tea n biscuits down with. Some prob ation officer when they are picked up yet again ,see they have been getting away with this craic for so long they get more bravado and voilent towards their victims,
    They shud have been nailed from day one.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Something definately has to change here. Maybe a public flogging wouldn't be such a bad thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭flutered

dlofnep wrote: »
    Indeed, unfortunately it's not something I'd have ready to hand.
    then why not have one handy, ie just behind the front door.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭chelloveks

Madness. I'm always walkign around at stupid o clock up here.
    Two lads tried to rob me neighbours scooter about 4 years ago. I chased them down the road and flattened one of them. Cops Came along then and said that if me neighbour wanted them arrested for the robbery that I would probably end up getting done aswell. Was some smack haha perfect connection. His friend started crying asking me not to hit him aswell.
    Good to hear your mans ok though

Sound man Seany! I told you a year ago you should get together with me fckn maniac cousin up there and form a Peoples Protection Group. Put on some fckn green berets or something and get publicity started if the jerkoff cops can't do their job. Newspapers and other news outlets love stories like that and you'll be a fookin hero!

LMFAO!

• Advertisement

chelloveks wrote: »
    Sound man Seany! I told you a year ago you should get together with me fckn maniac cousin up there and form a Peoples Protection Group. Put on some fckn green berets or something and get publicity started if the jerkoff cops can't do their job. Newspapers and other news outlets love stories like that and you'll be a fookin hero!

LMFAO!

You can't blame the cops for what's going on. More often than not when dealing with minors their hands are tied.

Also they have the beeldin' hearts brigade (mainly Irish times readers) to contend with as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

LMFAO!
    lol who's your cousin?
    Do we still have a residents association yoke up here?

the gentleman you wouldn't leave alone with your GF! Who would you call to check if the coast was clear to drive yer bike home after a good lashin? Who was the quiz master?

LMFFFFFAO

• Registered Users Posts: 19 shebzy

This town is getting worse by the week!, all people should stand up to these scumbags,heroin dealers etc and kick the sh*t out of them until they realise it wont be tolerated.

Seanybiker ,ye done the right thing with giving him a good slap :)

the gentleman you wouldn't leave alone with your GF! Who would you call to check if the coast was clear to drive yer bike home after a good lashin? Who was the quiz master?

LMFFFFFAO
    oh yeah sorry I remember now haha some legend him

• Advertisement

shebzy wrote: »
    This town is getting worse by the week!, all people should stand up to these scumbags,heroin dealers etc and kick the sh*t out of them until they realise it wont be tolerated.

Seanybiker ,ye done the right thing with giving him a good slap :)

We had a few heroin scumbags up my way and we had to run them out of it.

Finnbar01 wrote: »
    We had a few heroin scumbags up my way and we had to run them out of it.

This is the only way to get rid of these fookers...get a few lads together with balaclavas and bust em up good...then do it again, and again.

Addiction is a nasty thing thats turns people into monsters, especially heroin. They really can't help what they do as the craving takes over and they will rob and kill anyone who gets in the way of the next fix they have to have.

I am no bleeding heart liberal and I grew up in NYC during the heroin rage of the 70's right after Vietnam and then the crack epidemic in the 80's. I defended myself and was armed and very dangerous back then with good reason. If the cops sit around and protect scummbag rights you are going to need to stop this yourselves. If I were living in Waterford today I'd be walking around with a nice fresh hurley with the little metal bands sharpened to a razor finish and would use it in a fookin second if a scummbag looked at me sideways. If questioned by the police, I was training and was attacked and felt threatened. then I would find out who he palled around with and get a few fellas to give them a bit as well. You can't sit back and wait for them to die off....you have to help them get there quicker.

Just google Bernie Goetz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

Madness. I'm always walkign around at stupid o clock up here.
    Two lads tried to rob me neighbours scooter about 4 years ago. I chased them down the road and flattened one of them. Cops Came along then and said that if me neighbour wanted them arrested for the robbery that I would probably end up getting done aswell. Was some smack haha perfect connection. His friend started crying asking me not to hit him aswell.
    Good to hear your mans ok though

Good on you.

When we lived in London my husband was walking home one night and he's a few drinks in him. Next thing he was shoved up against a wall and had "give us your money man" shouted at him.

Without thinking he instinctively lashed out and gave a haymaker of a punch to one of them and could feel the man's nose breaking beneath his fist and left the bastard stretched on the ground. When his accomplice saw this he took off running. My husband reckons he wouldn't have hit out if he was stone cold sober but said it was just an instinctive thing to do.

We reported it to a police officer that I knew and he said officially he wouldn't advise that incase the victim ends up in more bother but unofficially he was glad that my husband "dealt" with them without getting injured himself.

However my favourite "justice" report was the time a work colleague told me that her male friend ordered a takeaway so popped out to pick it up. He was gone a max of 10 mins. When he got back he found his doberman pinscher dog stretched on the floor gasping for breathe.

He picked the dog up and rushed to the vets. The vet retrieved 4 fingers from the dog's throat and it turned out the dog went for the person who was breaking in a window and got more that he bargained on.

deisemum wrote: »
    Good on you.

When we lived in London my husband was walking home one night and he's a few drinks in him. Next thing he was shoved up against a wall and had "give us your money man" shouted at him.

Without thinking he instinctively lashed out and gave a haymaker of a punch to one of them and could feel the man's nose breaking beneath his fist and left the bastard stretched on the ground. When his accomplice saw this he took off running. My husband reckons he wouldn't have hit out if he was stone cold sober but said it was just an instinctive thing to do.

We reported it to a police officer that I knew and he said officially he wouldn't advise that incase the victim ends up in more bother but unofficially he was glad that my husband "dealt" with them without getting injured himself.

However my favourite "justice" report was the time a work colleague told me that her male friend ordered a takeaway so popped out to pick it up. He was gone a max of 10 mins. When he got back he found his doberman pinscher dog stretched on the floor gasping for breathe.

He picked the dog up and rushed to the vets. The vet retrieved 4 fingers from the dog's throat and it turned out the dog went for the person who was breaking in a window and got more that he bargained on.

:D

deisemum wrote: »
    Good on you.

Classic! Too bad it wasn't his family jewels!

Few fellas tried to hop on me brother in town about two years ago and he bet two of em and the other two ran away. Me other brother got knocked out then about a year ago. Luckily the cops where walking along and seen the lads kick him when he was knocked out and gave chase. Little bastards got away.
    Another chap I know from the pub got hopped on, he grabbed a fecking tyre iron off one of the lads and they legged it.
    Place is gone mad me thinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

its gone beyond mad seany boy,,next big thing that is going to happen waterford is the gun supply i say now that the junk has taken root ,,:mad: fookin pity as wen i growing up things wer bad then but looking back now with hindsight its a lot lot lot worse today,,

I used to have a beauty of a little defense tool years ago. It looked like the throttle on a motorbike, really looked like a handle. With the flick of your wrist, out popped a series of nested pipes inside one another with a metal ball at the end. When it was extended it was about 18 inches long and packed quite a wallop.

they can be got over here the extendable batton ,,pepper spary is a better job and then flick out the batton haha but guess wot both items are illegal in ireland to posess

in fairness ya mite as well be pissing against the wind on this skum rule :(

Jaysus, they were illegal here too, but if you ever got caught you say that you took it off the scummer and bet him with his own weapon.

Sure sounds like the fookers have the liberal politicos protecting their every move! I hope you lads figure out a way to protect yer families, because the scumbags will be robbin the easy marks like women and elderly people. I agree guns will flourish next as well.

just looking at ur profile ink there i rember that day long ago when ray houghton stuck the ball in the back of the italian net lol and makes me think of big jacks words put them under pressure

• Advertisement

I used to have a beauty of a little defense tool years ago. It looked like the throttle on a motorbike, really looked like a handle. With the flick of your wrist, out popped a series of nested pipes inside one another with a metal ball at the end. When it was extended it was about 18 inches long and packed quite a wallop. Most innocent thing you ever saw and would break bones with very little effort. Next time I'm over I will have to supply my relatives with a few I'm afraid!

nice one.
    Was handy when i had the bike I used to always carry a little tool case around in it under the back seat. Then one day I dunno what I was doing on the bike but I ended up leaving a wrench in me pocket because I was calling upto one of me mates to sort the bike out properly. Ended up haing the wrench in me pocket for ages without even noticing it. Would have been handy if something happened, then again I didnt even know it as there so it would been sheite, damn that ruins that story lol.

just looking at ur profile ink there i rember that day long ago when ray houghton stuck the ball in the back of the italian net lol and makes me think of big jacks words put them under pressure

Yeah, honeybadger, that was some day. All the fookin Italians in NY and NJ were wrecked for weeks and all the Irish Americans like me were wwearing our green very proudly. i busted my wop friends balls for years and still do on occasion! LMAO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Some hard men in this thread. Can one of the mods add a poll so we can see who is the waterford city boards page hardest keyboard warrior?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭SillyMcCarthy

longshanks wrote: »
    Some hard men in this thread. Can one of the mods add a poll so we can see who is the waterford city boards page hardest keyboard warrior?

When your back is against the wall the only way to come out is fighting!
    These people are only doing what comes naturally in defending ones self!
    We all have just a small threshold & when needs must, we must!
    I don't think that too many of us go looking for trouble?
    Happened me one night too on the way home but the situation was dealt with. That poor chap has since committed suicide.
    Some people out there with loads of problems!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

Shocking stuff alright, nowhere is safe.

I fully agree with everything that's been said about the criminal justice system and sentencing in this country. This is something I have raised a few times in the legal discussion forum. I claimed that the justice system was redundant and backward in light of the lenient sentences, I was laughed out of it and told to familiarise myself more with the legal system rather than just what I read in the tabloids apparently. And this is part of the problem I think.

I've done no fewer than 4 different criminal law modules at college, and not 1 of them ever touched upon sentencing. From what I've seen, academics will do research, present, debate and publish on all manner of jurisprudence and rationale about this aspect of the law and the history and arguments behind this rule and that rule etc, arguing whether such a theorist's few of criminal law is compatible or incompatible with some other intellectual, rather than addressing the bread and butter issues which is that someone should be imprisoned for their crimes. It defeats the purpose of having these legal rules to determine whether someone is guilty or not guilty of a crime when the punishment is a suspended sentence. Judge Paul Carney insisted that a suspended sentence is a sentence nonetheless, seemingly oblivious to the fact that 1 is free to wallow away their "sentence" while in the pub, park, cinema etc alongside other individuals who are not serving a sentence. If it wasn't so enraging it would be humorous.

I've also spoken to a criminal law barrister who admitted that 99% of the clients he represents are guilty and his job is simply to try and get them off the hook on a technicality. I told him I couldn't do this kind of work for moral reasons, but he genuinely didn't give a toss, said it didn't bother him in the slightest. Perhaps I am wrong but it seems to me that in the past, most criminal law barristers and solicitors have come from very wealthy backgrounds, some of them possibly even having led a sheltered existence. These are not the kind of people who have been attacked on nights out, or been threatened on the bus on the way to work in the morning. Obviously I'm talking in very general terms, possibly too wide, and I know the legal profession in the last 15 or so years is now much more available to people from non-well to do backgrounds, but you see my point. These judges too, a requirement for being a judge is having to be a senior counsel barrister for a certain number of years, may have this same kind of mentality.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, vigilanteism is the only way to go! Have you seen the film Death Wish?

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭zeppe

So anyway, how is the victim of this vicious assault?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

zeppe wrote: »
    So anyway, how is the victim of this vicious assault?
    This was the same incident actually.Just got the full story of my mother(think theres a distant relation :/)
    He got a call from a neighbour about someone at his car.He went out and chased him off (it was 1 or 2 anyway).Down the road a bit 4 lads got out of a car and chased him.While running he fell and they stabbed him on the ground.Punctured lung and spleen but should be ok.

Answer above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

According to WLR earlier, a person(s) has been arrested with a file being prepared for the DPP. I only half heard it so not sure how many were arrested and charged.

AFAIK the weapon used was a screwdriver. Horrible c*nts whoever did this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Hope they lock him up good and proper. Anyone who does this doesn't deserve to be a part of society.

• Advertisement

Supposedly one of the lads turned up in hospital and got arrested

Advertisement