Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attack in Hillview

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Finnbar01 wrote: »
    If you don't have a gun, don't get a baseball bat (like how many people play baseball in Ireland :rolleyes:). Instead Use a hurley or the poker.
    Would a cricket bat be better?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

seanybiker wrote: »
    Supposedly one of the lads turned up in hospital and got arrested

I think that was for a different incident. A chap was walking home from the pub and was attacked by a couple of scumheads with a switchblade. They slashed his arm and when he went to hospital the scum idiot turned up after cutting himself with his own knife.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭insight_man

chelloveks wrote: »
    I used to have a beauty of a little defense tool years ago. It looked like the throttle on a motorbike, really looked like a handle. With the flick of your wrist, out popped a series of nested pipes inside one another with a metal ball at the end. When it was extended it was about 18 inches long and packed quite a wallop. Most innocent thing you ever saw and would break bones with very little effort. Next time I'm over I will have to supply my relatives with a few I'm afraid!

I would think that with the size of the population in Waterford, the population of scummbags would be pretty well known to one and all and places of drug distribution would be pretty well easy to spot. Just get 100 people together and get in front of these houses and start a demonstration...you would be amazed how quickly the rats will abandon the ship. They cant survive under the spotlight of public scrutiny! You then just need to get the press behind you and they will scatter like the wind.

Problem with this is the cops would give the ordinary citizens more hassle than the scumbag criminals. Law into you own hands and all that crap.

Meanwhile the scum just take over and make everyones life a misery. The so called justice system here is a shambles led by variour governments, then the old fart judges then the police who should be looking after the law abiding people.

In fairness to the cops they just do what their told by their bosses. The scumbags should get very long sentences and no early release. Other than that people will start defending themselves whatever way they can

dlofnep wrote: »
    Hope they lock him up good and proper. Anyone who does this doesn't deserve to be a part of society.

Bastards thats all they are. Bet they'll be any amount of social workers and head shrinks to say why the scumbag should be given 20 or 30 different chances.

See the post from Limerick I think 161 previous convictions. Rubbish. How many social workers will be up in Hillview helping this poor man and his family. I bet none.

Scumbags looked after and nothing for the victims.

longshanks wrote: »
    Some hard men in this thread. Can one of the mods add a poll so we can see who is the waterford city boards page hardest keyboard warrior?

Cant blame people. This whole country is being handed over to the criminals and it seems the law cant or wont do anything about it. Bottom line is you either sit back and take this ****e or defend yourself and your family.

Most people just want to live peaceably but can't because of these criminals. The more hard men the better as far as I'm concerned.

Bet the story is the same wherever you're from.

• Advertisement

chelloveks wrote: »
    This is the only way to get rid of these fookers...get a few lads together with balaclavas and bust em up good...then do it again, and again.

Addiction is a nasty thing thats turns people into monsters, especially heroin. They really can't help what they do as the craving takes over and they will rob and kill anyone who gets in the way of the next fix they have to have.

I am no bleeding heart liberal and I grew up in NYC during the heroin rage of the 70's right after Vietnam and then the crack epidemic in the 80's. I defended myself and was armed and very dangerous back then with good reason. If the cops sit around and protect scummbag rights you are going to need to stop this yourselves. If I were living in Waterford today I'd be walking around with a nice fresh hurley with the little metal bands sharpened to a razor finish and would use it in a fookin second if a scummbag looked at me sideways. If questioned by the police, I was training and was attacked and felt threatened. then I would find out who he palled around with and get a few fellas to give them a bit as well. You can't sit back and wait for them to die off....you have to help them get there quicker.

Just google Bernie Goetz

Maybe the cops in US will look the other way but here they hassle you more than the criminal scumbag. Bottom line you have to battle the scumbags and the police.

People in Dublin tackled pushers and organised criminals years ago and the cops were more interested in locking them up rather than the criminals. Facts are there if anyone wants to check it out.

They complain about mob rule etc while the scum rule the roost. Bleading heart liberals all over the place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

longshanks wrote: »
    I think that was for a different incident. A chap was walking home from the pub and was attacked by a couple of scumheads with a switchblade. They slashed his arm and when he went to hospital the scum idiot turned up after cutting himself with his own knife.
    Ah right lol the fecking. Plonker. Obviously didn't stab himself enough

Did anyone hear anything about the attack last night in Hillview? From what I understand, 2 youths were attempting to rob a car - and when the owner came out to confront them, they attacked him and stabbed him a number of times.

Does anyone know if the man is ok? I heard he was a father, around 50 years old. Also, does anyone know if the scumbags were caught? Terrible to say that you can leave your car outside the house these days without some scumbags trying to steal it.

Does anyone have any updates on this. Whos caught if anyone. Any similar attacks in the Cleaboy Road area.

Didn't the Cleaboy take away get robbed twice by a gunman over the last few months..anyone caught for that

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

....People in Dublin tackled pushers and organised criminals years ago and the cops were more interested in locking them up rather than the criminals...

They are easier targets for the Gardai. Why bother pursuing a career criminal who doesn't give a toss about the law or the Gardai when you they pick on a and threaten a law abiding decent person who is merely trying to protect the area they live in and make it safe for their families and do the job the Gardai couldnt be bothered doing in the first place..

It's the same story over and over, always go for the easy target. Some guy doesn't pay a fee or fine or something or other because he cant afford it, he gets locked up by the judge, next case a scumbag with lists of convictions get a suspended sentence, whats new there.. its in the newspapers everyday.. :rolleyes:

Tox

Does anyone have any updates on this. Whos caught if anyone. Any similar attacks in the Cleaboy Road area.

Didn't the Cleaboy take away get robbed twice by a gunman over the last few months..anyone caught for that
    Did they? Jaysus I dont hear anything lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Mod Note:

Hi all, Could we stick to the topic at hand. I would appreciate it if we could cut out the talk of weapons and vigilante's and so on. If this line of discussion continues I'll have to close the thread with infractions/bans being given out.

Thanks in advance.

I have taken the liberty of deleting the last few off topic posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Joey leBlanc

In the grand scheme of things incidents like this, however bad, are incomparable to the suffering the people of Japan are going through at the moment. People over there have lost everything yet they are going about their business in a Zen like state; getting on with life, cleaning up the mess etc. Any outsider reading this thread would think Waterford was akin to Hells Kitchen in the early past of the last century. Calls for violent retribution only prolongs the bitterness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

In the grand scheme of things incidents like this, however bad, are incomparable to the suffering the people of Japan are going through at the moment. People over there have lost everything yet they are going about their business in a Zen like state; getting on with life, cleaning up the mess etc. Any outsider reading this thread would think Waterford was akin to Hells Kitchen in the early past of the last century. Calls for violent retribution only prolongs the bitterness.
    Im sure thats great consolation to people and families who are dealing with these incidents...."Ah sure theyre suffering over there.Never mind the people unsafe in their own neighbourhood here"
    This isnt Japan.As tragic as everything over there is ATM, we still have to deal with our own doorstep 1st.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

seanybiker wrote: »
    Did they? Jaysus I dont hear anything lol

Here's the link to the thread about it

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056136313

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

Bastards thats all they are. Bet they'll be any amount of social workers and head shrinks to say why the scumbag should be given 20 or 30 different chances.

See the post from Limerick I think 161 previous convictions. Rubbish. How many social workers will be up in Hillview helping this poor man and his family. I bet none.

Scumbags looked after and nothing for the victims.

Having worked alongside social workers and then seeing first hand how certain local ones were during all the extreme anti-social behaviour we endured last summer it is my opinion that some of them are only making things worse.

The scumbags that were next to us were eventually moved on and have since been tossed out of the house they moved to after living beside me and are now living in a nearby estate on the Dunmore Road and they're causing trouble there too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

deisemum wrote: »

Yeah the chipper was only robbed once but I think the bookies was robbed another time and the Amber garage on Paddy Brown's Road has been robed twice. Scary stuff happening and my problem is that I'm usually in those places at the odd horus when these incidents have occurred.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Yeah the chipper was only robbed once but I think the bookies was robbed another time and the Amber garage on Paddy Brown's Road has been robed twice. Scary stuff happening and my problem is that I'm usually in those places at the odd horus when these incidents have occurred.

Is that a confession?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

marlin vs wrote: »
    Is that a confession?:D

It'll never hold up in court.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I found out who was responsible. He's caught in any case, and by the sounds of it - he'll be doing a long time.

I found out who was responsible. He's caught in any case, and by the sounds of it - he'll be doing a long time.
    Good to hear

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

I was watching his door being rammed in yesterday morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Not the first time that has happened ;)

Not the first time that has happened ;)

Got caught for what? The attack in Hillview or the robbery of the chipper

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

Both and the scum will problally will be out on bail for paddys day to stab some other poor unfortunate
    that man was on life support up to yesterday!
    Good to see the eru down today should shake a few scumbag feathers

Hoffmans wrote: »
    Both and the scum will problally will be out on bail for paddys day to stab some other poor unfortunate

Life support really. Didn't hear anything about that. Hope everything is alright with him.

Wouldn't count on that. Loads of do gooders will line up as to why he should be given another chance. Even without that the judges live in a different world to the rest of us so even if found guilty he'll get a soft sentence. Hope I;m wrong.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭chelloveks

Hoffmans wrote: »

Whats the "eru"? Emergency Response Unit? They should send in the SBU.......wait for it........Scumbag beatin' unit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

I'd really like to see a three strikes rule come into Ireland. I'm not talking about being thrown into jail for life for posession ect. But surely for the likes of scum who this sort of thing they should be locked up and the key thrown away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Prison is meant to be about reform, which would be great if it worked.

But for these unreformed scumbags prison should just be a storage area to stop them harming normal decent people.
    I'm thinking Judge Dredd style iso-cubes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭bullpost

I think the big problem with this is the cost.

With the increased levels of scumbaggery these days I'd say we'd need to open a fair few new jails and employ lots more staff to man them. Problem is if people were asked to contribute the necessary taxes to do this properly they'd probably say no.
    Dr. Baltar wrote: »
    I'd really like to see a three strikes rule come into Ireland. I'm not talking about being thrown into jail for life for posession ect. But surely for the likes of scum who this sort of thing they should be locked up and the key thrown away.

Advertisement