Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attack in Hillview

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

ziedth wrote: »
    That is awful,

I glanced the front of the munster and I see a woman was attacked on Friday too. I didn't catch the estate but I'm sure its written on it. It honestly worries me to hear things like this going on.

that was in hillview too by the green.

its all down to garda doing fu*k all 90 per cent of the time.

why arnt they out on the streets instead of driving around in the squad car all night pulling over L plate drivers etc.

gards have it so easy its beyond funny, iv seen and witnessed gards shi*ing a brick around scumbags, afraid to get out of the car in the more rough estates in waterford.

waterford garda pick and choose their battles there a joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

its all down to garda doing fu*k all 90 per cent of the time.

why arnt they out on the streets instead of driving around
    They where out on my street at 2:30 in the morning a few nights ago when some chaps where acting the bollox. They must of having their magic telepathic heads on that knew something was happening there and then though so that might be the reason.
    Honestly though. You want them on the streets. That's fair enough. We all want that. How many streets are there in town?
    I do agree with you that there should be more out on the streets but there is a hell of a lot more streets than there is cops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 BlueBlaa

The Gardai must feel powerless or something I guess they don't want to be beat up which is understandable, so I totally agree with Seanybiker, there needs to be more of them I mean they should be calling for back up if they feel threatened.
    Some uniforms are not interested in anything outside of 9-5 stamping your passport and thats all. I wish there was a better recruitment policy for them, get a load of nutters and ex army guys or something we need tough laws in the right places not speeding laws or blasphemy laws!!! and tough gardai

There's gonna be less of em soon. We need no nonsense across the board. Any law is a law no matter what we think about it. All that lets catch people speeding to get the numbers up is bull. Cops are not paid bonuses for that. Don't get me wrong there are plenty laws out there that I find stupid but fook it, its still a law. I probably break a load of them as we all do.
    What's the cut off point between "ah sure its harmless sure we will leave him off and jaysus arrest the bollox".
    Anyways. Time for bed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

aint the cops first allegence to the state, citizens come second,
    hence spending most of their time filling their paymasters coffers...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I thought it was in Avondale?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Vanman1

dlofnep wrote: »

You're spot on it was Avondale and not Hillview where this young mother was brutally assaulted. Long jail terms really is the only answer for these scumbags.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

dlofnep wrote: »

ye avondale mate thats what i meant to say dont know i wrote hilview my bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I'm not from town so I'm not sure but Which one is Avondale again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭MacGyver

its out near the Dog track

• Advertisement

Ah yes, I think I know it now cheers. To read that article they make that green sound like the projects.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

It was 2 youngfellas that beat her up I heard. Some scumbags. What sort of guy would you have to be to just randomly beat up a girl?

Ya two young fellas at sonething like 9pm. Crazy stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I lived out there as a kid and wouldnt have thought anything of wandering around later then that and I was only 9/10 :/
    Used to go wandering up the old knock aswell (althought thats since been flattened).
    The amount of houses out there is shocking compared to what it was when I lived there though

Vanman1 wrote: »
    You're spot on it was Avondale and not Hillview where this young mother was brutally assaulted. Long jail terms really is the only answer for these scumbags.

Fook sake. Some dirty bollixes out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Pure flucking scum is all these tugs are , only a matter of time before another innocent persons life is taken especially with half the city going around strung out for heroin and willing to do anything to get it :mad: , i was no angel in my youth but my god the things that are happening nowadays are just crazy knifes being carried every where by youths :rolleyes: i fear for my kids growing up in this if nothing is done by the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭insight_man

jo06555 wrote: »
    Pure flucking scum is all these tugs are , only a matter of time before another innocent persons life is taken especially with half the city going around strung out for heroin and willing to do anything to get it :mad: , i was no angel in my youth but my god the things that are happening nowadays are just crazy knifes being carried every where by youths :rolleyes: i fear for my kids growing up in this if nothing is done by the law.

Agree with you there. Times are getting worse. Ive said it before and now I'm saying it again we need the cops to get a grip on these scumbags and we need the judges to hand out long sentences.

Its the victims that are left with pain, injuries and even get killed while the criminals get looked after by the state. Loads of councillors, guidance and that but whats there for the victims. Very little.

Advertisement