Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

stupidly reset my router and now have limited internet access please help.

• 13-03-2011 12:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭

I did something stupid.

I bought an Ipod Touch and was trying to connect to my wireless internet at home. When I tried connecting it asked me for a password.
    I couldnt remember the password so I rang UPC who then told me to get onto Netgear.

Netgear told me reset the Netgear device and then told me they couldnt give me anymore advice as my 2 year warranty was up.

They tried putting me through to the premium service which I'd have to pay for to get advice(which is rediculous but I said grand, I need it sorted) but of course it being Sunday they are closed.

So currently I'm connected to the internet directly by pluggin the laptop into the modem directly.
    Obviously this is only temporary so I can try and figure out how to set up the netgear product and get back online that way.
    UPC said they could send someone out but its only during working hours so I cant get time off.

So can anyone help?? Is there a step by step how to set up your netgear wireless internet.

I tried googling it but it doesnt seem too straight forward.
    I have no discs with drivers or anythin either btw so would need to get those presumably online which should be ok

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 890 ✭✭✭CrinkElite

it should be very straight forward. plug out both the black box and the netgear router.
    plug in the black one and let it boot for 2 mins
    plug in the white on and let it boot.
    you should see a new wireless network in the windows available wireless
    network list.
    It's probably called "NETGEAR" and it will certainly be unsecured.
    check back in after and we'll set up security

Make sure the Lan cable (fat phone line thingy) runs from the black box to the ADSL port shown in this pic.
    check it's connected properly
    netgear_rear.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 209 ✭✭Dulchie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

nope had no joy with either of these. ARGH!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 209 ✭✭Dulchie

Can you give us details of your router. You say Netgear what model?

I assume that is the wireless connection you are having trouble with is this correct ?
    Was the router supplied by UPC ?

Can you access the Netgear interface page ?

You might like to try the following http://kb.netgear.com/app/home

Finally have you tried to scan for wireless networks from your laptop ?
    The router reset may have changed the SSID (Name of your Wireless Connection)
    See if another wireless network appears

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

CrinkElite wrote: »
    it should be very straight forward. plug out both the black box and the netgear router.
    plug in the black one and let it boot for 2 mins
    plug in the white on and let it boot.
    you should see a new wireless network in the windows available wireless
    network list.
    It's probably called "NETGEAR" and it will certainly be unsecured.
    check back in after and we'll set up security

Make sure the Lan cable (fat phone line thingy) runs from the black box to the ADSL port shown in this pic.
    check it's connected properly

really sorry to bring up an old thread but I was away for a while and still havent got this fixed. I have it at the point your talking about now where I can connect wirelessly but its unsecured ie comin up netgear as the wifi.

So need to set up security asap.

thanks a mil.

• Advertisement
Advertisement