Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe Bastardi is back in Action

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

:D

^^^all that needs to be said!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

The 2 Joe's are gonna p*** off alot of the climate variability deniers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Joe B is back folks

Check out the link

http://www.weatherbell.com/jb/

Great news! :D

The weathery world just hasn't been the same without Joe B :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,502 ✭✭✭bb1234567

yay hes back :D:D...nd even better look what he posted

"I darn well know to look for a trough over the east 6-10 days later ( day 9 and beyond. And the idea that the trough in Europe will retrograde
    so that arctic air may be able to get back into central and western Europe
    is in the cards ( more on that later)"

Joe bastardi is usually pesimistic of severe cold in europe- he didnt even forecast the cold of december nd was confident of no cold returning this winter after december ended,so this has got to be good- oh i hope we get some good cold and snow sooon :D:D

bb1234567 wrote: »
    yay hes back :D:D...nd even better look what he posted

"I darn well know to look for a trough over the east 6-10 days later ( day 9 and beyond. And the idea that the trough in Europe will retrograde
    so that arctic air may be able to get back into central and western Europe
    is in the cards ( more on that later)"

Joe bastardi is usually pesimistic of severe cold in europe- he didnt even forecast the cold of december nd was confident of no cold returning this winter after december ended,so this has got to be good- oh i hope we get some good cold and snow sooon :D:D

Cold and snow now isn't going to be anything like cold and snow in December. That said, I'd love a blizzard with 2 feet of snow some night, just for a few hours the next morning before it all melted. And if we got that it woud be great, as long as it didn't hang around too long! Rapid thaw and no slush.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭derekon

Cold and snow now isn't going to be anything like cold and snow in December. That said, I'd love a blizzard with 2 feet of snow some night, just for a few hours the next morning before it all melted. And if we got that it woud be great, as long as it didn't hang around too long! Rapid thaw and no slush.

I had a look at the new site (weatherbell.com) however when I checked Joe's posts, all I could see was material relating to the United States. Could someone please post a link to the European articles ?

Thks

D

derekon wrote: »
    I had a look at the new site (weatherbell.com) however when I checked Joe's posts, all I could see was material relating to the United States. Could someone please post a link to the European articles ?

Thks

D

he mentioned cold for europe on his first day, but as far as i can see he hasn't mentioned Europe since, so it's probably a non-runner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Wolfe_IRE

I like Joe but this talk of ice age, worst winter in England in 50 years is silly.

Wolfe_IRE wrote: »
    I like Joe but this talk of ice age, worst winter in England in 50 years is silly.

His long term thinking for our future winters is 5 to 10 to 15 years. We will see more cold winters. He sees a trend forming.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Wolfe_IRE

Kippure wrote: »
    His long term thinking for our future winters is 5 to 10 to 15 years. We will see more cold winters. He sees a trend forming.
    Appreciate that Kipp re: ice age trend, but he does say this could be the coldest winter in 50 years in England. I don't know how someone can say this and use the CFS blocking trend as their primary basis for such a conclusion. Of course he could be right, but I just find it hard to see where he is getting this.

Wolfe_IRE wrote: »
    Appreciate that Kipp re: ice age trend, but he does say this could be the coldest winter in 50 years in England. I don't know how someone can say this and use the CFS blocking trend as their primary basis for such a conclusion. Of course he could be right, but I just find it hard to see where he is getting this.

I think he takes into account every possible bit of weather data/information he can get his hands on.

When he was with ACCUweather, he did predict our early winter 09/10 correctly. His current thinking is that the north atlantic is extremely favourable for blocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,279 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

:pac::D Joe Bastardi is the MAN (for telling all us snow lovers what we want to hear!:p)

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭jeltz

Joe makes good calls. He usually hypes it up a little to get the message across so people aren't caught out by the bad weather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

leahyl wrote: »
    :pac::D Joe Bastardi is the MAN (for telling all us snow lovers what we want to hear!:p)

Is that really his name?!? :eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Spoofer.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

He's no M.T Cranium

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Emeraldy Pebbles

mike65 wrote: »
    Spoofer.

He was employed by Accuweather, a good site, for a long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

He was employed by Accuweather, a good site, for a long time.

He said, of the 2011 tornado season, more or less, 'wall to wall tornadoes, like hell on earth' and it was so, 350 dead in Joplin that year, about 600 in all, only surpassed by a historical tornado in 1920s, when we knew notin'bout'em.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Joe is a credible man in the world of meteorology.

This would be for his North American forecast but still relevant, from twitter:

Joe Bastardi ‏@BigJoeBastardi developing negative ao/nao longer term means reload of cold for possible December to remember. .50 a day gets you on weatherbell prem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Min wrote: »
    Joe is a credible man in the world of meteorology.

This would be for his North American forecast but still relevant, from twitter:

Joe Bastardi ‏@BigJoeBastardi developing negative ao/nao longer term means reload of cold for possible December to remember. .50 a day gets you on weatherbell prem

JB had a fairly dramatic departure from Accuweather - not to sure of the details but he can be a bit ott

He is also negates any ideas of global climatic change (aka global warming) and gets his nickers in a complete twist over any idea that this might be taking place

AFASIK he has got some spectacularly wrong long term forecasts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Emeraldy Pebbles

gozunda wrote: »

So have official government outlets. I don't understand why anyone persists in giving long-range forecasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,074 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

gozunda wrote: »
    JB had a fairly dramatic departure from Accuweather - not to sure of the details but he can be a bit ott

He is also negates any ideas of global climatic change (aka global warming) and gets his nickers in a complete twist over any idea that this might be taking place

Well, at least he's right about one thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

About Joe and global warming.

It is fine for people to talk about global warming and using Arctic ice being low as a reason to back up global warming.
    But the same people will not talk about record high levels of Antarctic ice to back up the same theory...just saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Larbre34 wrote: »

Well, at least he's right about one thing

Yeah but it's the knicker twisting and hyperbole not do much the subject matter that is hilarious

I wonder is he any less reactionary in his new job...

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭MiNdGaM3

Joe B is a bit of a joke to be fair.
    For how long now has drastic global cooling and Arctic sea ice recovery been just around the corner?

He has said the start of this winter will rival 2010 for NW Europe... lets see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Joe Public

Snow joke, lots of stuff around the corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Joe Public wrote: »
    Snow joke, lots of stuff around the corner.
    Joe Public

futuramafry.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Joe Public

Akr8QVtCIAAR4kZ.jpg

Advertisement