Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

white screen

• 13-03-2011 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

My Dell Dimension 3000 with Medion monitor is showing a white screen when it starts up and is taking longer and longer to work normally every time i start it up,once the white screen clears it works perfectly until the next time it is booted up,any ideas what is causing this?I have checked the cables and everything is tight.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 223 ✭✭Verres

These gradually worsening issues are usually indicative of a failing component. Could be your graphics card, or could be the screen hardware. If you boot up when connected to a different external monitor do you get the same issue? If so, then it's more likely your graphics card.

How old is your PC?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 brianflon

The pc is about 5 years old but the monitor is about 2 or 3 years old,the graphics card was replaced about 6 months ago,i,ll try substituting the monitor for another one and see what happens.Thanks for your help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 223 ✭✭Verres

I know this is the sort of vague "BS" answer that people hate getting, but if your PC is 5 years old doing a full rebuild would be a good idea. It mightn't fix your issue at hand but it will clean out and speed up your PC. Let me know if you want pointers on how to do this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭ricman

try reboot, hold f8, go to safe mode ,directory services restore mode,use arrows up,down, enter to select it.i doubt its a faulty monitor, if that doesnt work try a windows reinstall, make a new folder on , c:folder ,outside windows directory.copy all your mp3s,data there .reinstall with option ,do not format disk,use existing disk format.
    or try f8 safe mode vga mode ,is screen still white.
    ot try ,reboot press del, or f2 go to bios, if screen is normal it means theres a problem with the windows files, eg virus or files missing,damaged.

Advertisement