Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long till i can tile?

• 13-03-2011 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

My floors went in on 28th of January, mixed on site so its less water the ready-mix concrete its 3" deep so just wondering how long do i have to leave it till i can tile and lay laminate flooring. Can one be done before the other????

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Should be ok to do both now. 6 weeks is loads of time. Has the heating been on much?

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭bazmc35

Heating should be on for Monday hopefully,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

My honest feeling on this is dont tile for a year.

Also tile before you lay wooden floors and you will most likely have a step but lay wooden floors before the tile then the tiler can build up the floor.

Then problem with doing this is the dirt etc can end up putting marks etc on the wooden floor.

I tiled my floors after 3 months and resulting settleing from drying caused a crack across the centre. I suspected it might happen so kept a few yards of tile under my kickboards.

It also cracked at the back door and inbetween the 2 different floors going into different rooms.

Advertisement