Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maths Help

• 13-03-2011 2:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

hey
    well i've never gotten on well with maths so i left it behind :(
    i'm just wondering how many questions do you have to answer to just pass the ordinary paper (D3 grade ) i have 3 months would that be enough time to literally start from scratch and just pass it ?
    lots of questions i know
    thanks if anyone can help :)

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭pajero12

Hypnose wrote: »
    hey
    well i've never gotten on well with maths so i left it behind :(
    i'm just wondering how many questions do you have to answer to just pass the ordinary paper (D3 grade ) i have 3 months would that be enough time to literally start from scratch and just pass it ?
    lots of questions i know
    thanks if anyone can help :)
    Well the 2 papers combined are 600 marks, so you need 240 marks to pass. Questions are 50 marks each. So 5 full questions!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

It's best to attempt EVERYTHING. On the Ordinary paper you have a fair amount of time so you should have time to do this and could pick up attempt marks. Even if you focus on a few questions more and know them well, attempt the others. There are so many attempt marks given out at ordinary level if you show any sort of understanding of the question or stab in the right direction.

Advertisement