Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would Meteor Replace My Broken Phone?

Options
  • 13-03-2011 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭

I've got a Nokia E71 13 months into an 18 month contract. However, this week it has stopped switching on. Is it worth talking to Meteor to see if they would replace it? Would I be better calling in to my local store or phoning straight through to Meteor?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Call in, and they will send it for repair. Its still under warranty, they have a 24 month warranty.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

just bring it straight to a nokia repair centre. Much quicker and less hassle. All nokia devices have a 2 year manufacturers warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Technique

Seaneh wrote: »
    just bring it straight to a nokia repair centre. Much quicker and less hassle. All nokia devices have a 2 year manufacturers warranty.

Is there a list of Nokia repair centres?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

you may have to send it to Nokia yourself, had a problem with a phone recently and was told by meteor that they offer 1 year warranty and manufacturer gives the second year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

yeah only for a limited time though. Personal experience was 12 months. Actually in this case as it's an 18 month contract you might be covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

In my experience meteor will take quite a while to get your phone back to you.

I'd send it off to Nokia myself. You'll save yourself alot of time.

Advertisement