Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duran Duran Dublin July

Options
  • 13-03-2011 3:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

Duran Duran have confirmed a concert in the O2 for July 14th. Always a good show - was hoping EP would get them this year

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Get there early to shout for The Chauffeur, Friends of Mine and Last Chance on the Stairway. :D

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 kazzikat

Anyone know when the tickets are on sale? There is nothing on their website to indicate, and not listed on ticket master.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Graceland

According to their official site the tickets are going on sale March 25th.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

A band I have never seen live, might just go to this.

'According to their official site the tickets are going on sale March 25th '

Where did you see that Graceland? I've been trawling the internet!
    its an MCD gig anyway.

• Advertisement

kazzikat wrote: »
    Where did you see that Graceland? I've been trawling the internet!
    its an MCD gig anyway.

http://www.duranduran.com/wordpress/?p=17955

I found the info on this website :)

Oh thanks for that, well done to your internet deduction skills!

Oh thanks for that, well done to your internet deduction skills!

I can get you an O2 priority code when the time comes if you want.

Graceland;71165368]I can get you an O2 priority code when the time comes if you want.

Really? That would be fab, though I'm sure they won't sell out a big venue like that. Went over to london to see them in the Shephards bush empire last week. Was great

Graceland;71165368]I can get you an O2 priority code when the time comes if you want.

Really? That would be fab, though I'm sure they won't sell out a big venue like that. Went over to london to see them in the Shephards bush empire last week. Was great

They usually sell the priority tickets 2 days before the general ones go on sale. The code isn't available yet, but when I get it, I'll send you a pm.

• Advertisement

That would be great Graceland thanks a mill, I'm with Three so no presales there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

rednik wrote: »
    A band I have never seen live, might just go to this.

You won't regret it.

'You won't regret it '

I second that, saw they in Shepherd's Bush last week a venue as small as the Olympia, they are a really good live band and the new songs are really good. Well worth seeing even if you aren't a huge fan.

though I'm sure they won't sell out a big venue like that.

Its a big test alright. They sold out the old Point Theatre in 2004, but the capacity was only about 7,000 back then. Personally I wouldn't rule out it being sold out by gig time. They are still incredibly popular even if they were never that big in Ireland to begin with.

[Its a big test alright. They sold out the old Point Theatre in 2004, but the capacity was only about 7,000 back then. Personally I wouldn't rule out it being sold out by gig time. They are still incredibly popular even if they were never that big in Ireland to begin with.[

They've sold out most of their dates in the US , but I don't know how big the venues are. It's hard to tell these days i'm amazed that blondie haven't sold out the Olympia it's such a small venue and will be a great place to see them. I won't be taking any chances waiting to get tickets though for DD though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Luke G

Seen them live a fair few times now & will DEFFO be at this, I reckon this is as close to a classic Duran Duran show that's on offer to fans since the 80s. As even when they reformed in 2004 with Andy, their current album at the time was Astronaut, which is great and all BUT the special thing about this one ALL YOU NEED IS NOW & This Tour is that The Albums Producer Mark Ronson basically said to them before they started recording,

''I personally feel yous went wrong after Rio, anything after that wasn't Duran Duran, so that's where I want to go back to with this album''

SO YES DEFINITELY!!! CAN NOT WAIT FOR THIS, DURAN-DEMONIUM ALL OVER AGAIN!!!

And that's coming from a male, and a straight one at that, Can ya imagine all the females of various ages reliving their Duranie youth at this! ha, If the Spandau Ballet gig was anything to go by ,then this should be similar & FANTASTIC!!!

Luke G wrote: »
    Seen them live a fair few times now & will DEFFO be at this, I reckon this is as close to a classic Duran Duran show that's on offer to fans since the 80s. As even when they reformed in 2004 with Andy, their current album at the time was Astronaut, which is great and all BUT the special thing about this one ALL YOU NEED IS NOW & This Tour is that The Albums Producer Mark Ronson basically said to them before they started recording,

''I personally feel yous went wrong after Rio, anything after that wasn't Duran Duran, so that's where I want to go back to with this album''

SO YES DEFINITELY!!! CAN NOT WAIT FOR THIS, DURAN-DEMONIUM ALL OVER AGAIN!!!

And that's coming from a male, and a straight one at that, Can ya imagine all the females of various ages reliving their Duranie youth at this! ha, If the Spandau Ballet gig was anything to go by ,then this should be similar & FANTASTIC!!!

The new album sounds fantastic live and will be even better by then when it's been practised a bit more, I hope there won't be too much DuranDemonium though, my ears are still ringing from bring my niece to Justin B last week!
    Anyone have any good pr, venue connections? I'm more than happy to pay for tickets but really want to get the first album signed! my inner 14 year old would rest happy! :D

The new album sounds fantastic live and will be even better by then when it's been practised a bit more, I hope there won't be too much DuranDemonium though, my ears are still ringing from bring my niece to Justin B last week!
    Anyone have any good pr, venue connections? I'm more than happy to pay for tickets but really want to get the first album signed! my inner 14 year old would rest happy! :D

I usually know what hotel they are staying in. This album is the first in a long time that I'd like signed. The last one I got signed was Notorious in the Berkly court in 1987!

Can ya imagine all the females of various ages reliving their Duranie youth at this! ha, If the Spandau Ballet gig was anything to go by ,then this should be similar & FANTASTIC!!!

Its the last place on earth a man could score!:D

DWCommuter wrote: »
    I usually know what hotel they are staying in. This album is the first in a long time that I'd like signed. The last one I got signed was Notorious in the Berkly court in 1987!

Well any info would be much appreciated. Like all acts these days they seem to do Meet and Greets but they are 'pay extra' things which seem a bit of a rip off to me. I'd much rather do the regular fan thing couldn't justify paying through the nose for a 'chance' to get an autograph. I never have any luck meeting celebs anyway!

• Advertisement

Well any info would be much appreciated. Like all acts these days they seem to do Meet and Greets but they are 'pay extra' things which seem a bit of a rip off to me. I'd much rather do the regular fan thing couldn't justify paying through the nose for a 'chance' to get an autograph. I never have any luck meeting celebs anyway!

Will do. And here's a taster for anyone thinking of going, of what they are like, live in an arena setting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 almv

I got my concert tickets signed back in the Berkley Court in 1987 also! Also got chatting to SLB in a Manchester bar in 04 - sound lad

almv wrote: »
    I got my concert tickets signed back in the Berkley Court in 1987 also! Also got chatting to SLB in a Manchester bar in 04 - sound lad

You seem to have the magic touch then. Hopefully some of it will transfer to me this time
    ;D

You seem to have the magic touch then. Hopefully some of it will transfer to me this time
    ;D

Trust the process.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Luke G

Four Seasons I reckon, I'f you're goin hunting I'm with ya mate!!!

Four Seasons I reckon, I'f you're goin hunting I'm with ya mate!!!

You're on!.

What are we like!:D

You're on!.

What are we like!:D

Count me in peeps! Safety in numbers!!

Count me in peeps! Safety in numbers!!

Just off the Facebook Live interview now and its a great taster! Obviously Duran fans never forget and thats because it was such a special time in our lives and to some extent, world music history.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Shando316

Any word if this will be standing?

• Advertisement

Standing and seated I would say, tickets are less than 45 Euro which is pretty good for the 02, Gorillaz and the Beebs were much more expensive.
    SxSW show in Austin getting rave reviews and don't forget their ITV show on Sunday 20th March if anyone needs reminding of why they should get a ticket for this.

Advertisement