Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duran Duran Dublin July

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Tickets actually run from €44 (the lowest price, and quite possibly the back of the hall and/or wheelchair tickets) to €70. There is a trend emerging that standing tickets aren't necessarily the cheapest ones either, so I predict that if you want a very good seat, it's going to be €70, and if you want to stand, it'll about €60.
    Also, they're using the "optimum standing" layout in the O2, which means the standing area is considerably smaller than it is for most shows. Normally, for a standing show, they remove the lower run of tiered seats, from Rows 1 to 20 and Row 21 becomes the first row in the balcony. With this configuration, there will be no balcony as such - it'll be like an amphitheatre design, with the tiered seats starting at Row 5.
    As a result, the standing area is roughly going to be the same size as the area taken up by flat seats for a fully seated show. They're using the same configuration for Rush and Taylor Swift.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 kazzikat

60 euro is pretty ok for standing. I intend to stand as I hate sitting for gigs unless they are acoustic.
    Do you mind me asking how you know the floor plan so early?

I gave JT a call and asked him. He was just glad they weren't in a tent again, like last time. :D

(Okay, it's up on Ticketmaster...)

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

Ha! After him tweeting his boarding pass and passport nothing would surprise me.
    Didn't see them in the tent thank God.
    I'll have another look on ticketmaster couldn't see any info other than the press release.

They just have the price range and the seating plan up. I enjoyed the Phoenix Park show, and the Red Carpet Massacre songs worked well, but it was a bit surreal going to something like that in the winter. I'm much happier about this new date. I'd rather see them do a full set than be on a festival bill. The new album should be in the shops today!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

They just have the price range and the seating plan up. I enjoyed the Phoenix Park show, and the Red Carpet Massacre songs worked well, but it was a bit surreal going to something like that in the winter. I'm much happier about this new date. I'd rather see them do a full set than be on a festival bill. The new album should be in the shops today!

Live at the Marquee in Cork in 07 was great. Pissed rain, but at least it was warm!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Beyonkers

Hey every1,

I've gotta agree with previous posts! I am a huge fan! 2004 and 2007 where both great gigs, a bit cold in the marquee in Dublin but still fantastic!! If your thinking of going you def should. The new album is brilliant and sounds great live!
    Duran Duran always put on a great gig!!

For those of you that are hotel hopping - I'd love to join ya's :D

Nothing like a bit of JT!!

I didn't see them in the Marquee in Cork as it clashed with The Who in Marlay Park. Can't be in two places at once. :(
    I got All You Need Is Now today. It's absolutely superb.

I'm sure 2007 was good but have always found the sound in tents bad so gave it a miss. Have seen them in a variety of venues the RDS, national Stadium, the Point and Shepherd's Bush Empire and they are great live, Fan club get first dibs on tickets from Monday so I hope I managed to get a standing ticket when they go on sale to us regular folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Graceland

kazzikat wrote: »
    Graceland;71165368]I can get you an O2 priority code when the time comes if you want.

Really? That would be fab, though I'm sure they won't sell out a big venue like that. Went over to london to see them in the Shephards bush empire last week. Was great

Just to let you know that I haven't forgotten about your priority code. I haven't actually gotten an alert from O2 yet, but I'm expecting it to come soon:)

• Advertisement

Graceland wrote: »
    Just to let you know that I haven't forgotten about your priority code. I haven't actually gotten an alert from O2 yet, but I'm expecting it to come soon:)

Thanks Graceland : D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 simplemandan

cant wait for this concert, seen them in germany years ago, great show

Cracking performance tonight on the ITV special.

I've listened to the full version of the new album and it is simply stunning. It wraps up why so many modern day bands cite them as an influence. What a pity so many youngsters right them off before genuinely giving them a listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Massive Duran fan and have seen them four times before - 1999 in the Olympia, 04 in the Point and in 07 in the two marquees in Cork and the Phoenix Park.

Can't wait for this gig. The Point in 2004 was really special. "Girl Panic" would have to be my favourite song from their new album. So glad they went back to their roots for this and ditched trying to be "cool and down with Timbaland" and other impostors. Ronson has done a great job on All You Need Is Now.

Girl Panic! is excellent. The album got an really good, four-star review in yesterday's Sunday Times. I liked Red Carpet Massacre, but listening to this you realise Timbaland was occasionally trying to make them something they weren't (even though they were more than happy to go that route), whereas Ronson seems to understand the band better. Already destined to be one of the albums of the year.
    I wasn't convinced about Christine Bleakley hosting the show last night. The woman was only born in 1979, for God's sake. Has she any recollection of how big a deal it was when, say, Is There Something I Should Know went straight in at number one? I'm not a fan of the woman, but someone like Kate Thorton would have been more appropriate.

I've been listening to the new album non stop. Girl Panic was my immediate fav too, it's the next single. all the songs grow on you though, lots of potential singles.

My friend was at the ITV show and said CB was fine and genuinely seemed thrilled to be there.

Oh, she was grand on the night. I was just a bit surprised at the choice. Just occurred to me they could have got Cat Deeley to host it, Birmingham girl that she is. :)

My stand out track is "Too bad you're so beautiful". If that gets covered in the O2, I'll crowd surf!

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭bonoman66

Yeahhhhhhhhh

Just got my DD Tix for July 14th in the O2!!

Well they're ordered anyway...

Joined the FC for $35 (about €28) & then was able to access the Fan Club Pre-Sale Tix that are now on sale.

You can buy just a pre-sale ticket or various packages (which can include signed album & seat in first few rows - got a cracker of a seat).

Can't wait for this gig....

I bought mine on the fanclub pre-sale too. :)

• Advertisement

Me too, didn't think it would let me as it says you have to be a member for 60 days & I'm not.
    Went for GA standing not bothered on all that VIP stuff.

Well done.

I like the ability to be able to get good tickets in a calm manner. Its so hard these days for true fans to get tickets to their fav bands & good tickets at that.

Well done the DD Fan Club. Its a fair membership price for the year too - only $35 US Dollars. It was just over €26 when the conversion hit my credit card, so not bad at all for the earliest access to tickets & the type of tickets on sale. good choice - not forced to buy VIP Packages if you're not interested or its too expensive. You can get just a ticket etc.

Its gone so 'corporate' with gigs now in that 'the deeper the pockets', the better the ticket, rather than the good old days where fans seemed to be able to get decent tickets a bit easier... The web has made it both easier & harder to get tickets :o

It'll be a super gig - agree with rest of comments about the new album - definately like it better than the last few - more consistently good songs & I like the production on it (but again - its just IMHO & its subjective).

bonoman66 wrote: »
    Well done.

I like the ability to be able to get good tickets in a calm manner. Its so hard these days for true fans to get tickets to their fav bands & good tickets at that.

Well done the DD Fan Club. Its a fair membership price for the year too - only $35 US Dollars. It was just over €26 when the conversion hit my credit card, so not bad at all for the earliest access to tickets & the type of tickets on sale. good choice - not forced to buy VIP Packages if you're not interested or its too expensive. You can get just a ticket etc.

Its gone so 'corporate' with gigs now in that 'the deeper the pockets', the better the ticket, rather than the good old days where fans seemed to be able to get decent tickets a bit easier... The web has made it both easier & harder to get tickets :o

It'll be a super gig - agree with rest of comments about the new album - definately like it better than the last few - more consistently good songs & I like the production on it (but again - its just IMHO & its subjective).

I agree about the fan club not bad value at all and great that fans not touts get first dibs, but I still miss the days when you got a badge pack and a DD christmas card!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Shando316

Can anyone who got pre sale tickets verify how much standing tickets are?

Cheers!

€53.50 if you collect them at the venue.
    Kazzikat

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Shando316

Thanks!

kazzikat wrote: »
    €53.50 if you collect them at the venue.
    Kazzikat

I didn't see any option for collecting at venue when I placed my order today ? Maybe I missed something.

See attached order screenshot...

It did have 'will call' listed but no option for me to actually select it so I had to click on the postage delivery method which cost an additional €4

Here's another screen shot that shows the available delivery options for Dublin FC Standing Ticket - just shows standard postal option (an added cost of €4 on top of ticket price etc..)

So don't think there's a 'will call ' option for the Dublin O2 FC Tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Beyonkers

Woop!! Got my ticket today too!! Cannot wait now either!!!
    Only gave me postal option too :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,842 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

could not resist temptation and joined up to get 2 tickets for me and herself. Good tickets if I'm reading the seat map right - Block E row 9. A chance that the O2 presale starting on Wednesday could be better but I don't see how - these seem to be great seats. Total for 2 seats including postage €146. (plus about another €26 euro for joining up the fanclub :o)

Advertisement