Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duran Duran Dublin July

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Don't (girl) panic yet!
    This is from the band's website:

----

DURAN DURAN CANCEL NEXT THREE EUROPEAN SHOWS ON THEIR ‘ALL YOU NEED IS NOW WORLD TOUR’

Helsinki, Moscow and St Petersburg shows lost

Following the postponement of the band’s ALL YOU NEED IS NOW UK arena dates, that were scheduled to start almost four weeks ago (on May 18th), due to lead singer Simon Le Bon’s vocal problems, the band members are now having to cancel the next three shows on their upcoming European tour, originally slated to take place on Saturday, June 18th in Helsinki, Tuesday 21st in Moscow and Thursday 23rd in St Petersburg. Le Bon has been advised by his medical team that he needs to continue to rest his voice in order to fully rehabilitate his vocal range and avoid further damage.

The band members are devastated to be losing additional shows while doctors work on a treatment plan for Le Bon that should see the group resume performing on July 14th, in Dublin. :D:D:D:D

----

If Dublin goes ahead, the response is going to be massive, and I can see a lot of people coming over from the UK, just to get the chance to see them now, rather than wait for the rescheduled shows in the winter.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 kazzikat

I shan't panic yet, but I'm being realistic, they still have no idea why he can't sing his full range, they've been telling us all along that the tour will start on x or y date but even Simon has said they have no idea what's going to happen. I think you are right that people may come over, but judging by Twitter I think a lot of people are slow to book anything as they feel there is a good likely hood that none of these dates will happen.

Agreed. In relative terms, it's certainly quite Serious, so I know what you mean about being realistic about the situation. I just feel that if they're able to give Simon the all-clear within the first few days of July (which would be great news) and verify 100% that Dublin will go ahead, a lot of fans from the UK may grab tickets and start booking ferries.

Currently listening to: Do You Believe In Shame?

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

The fact that he has a decent break now and so he is not under pressure to make it for gigs next week or even the week after will surely help him.

I see the UK tour has been rescheduled for December so I'm sure there will be plenty of British-based fans thinking about coming to Dublin now.

Happy Birthday JT!

Currently listening to: Hungry Like the Wolf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,842 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

anyone get those tickets from artistarena yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭kmurph

Just confirmed on their website that the Dublin show has been postponed until further notice along with the rest of the European tour.

http://www.duranduran.com/wordpress/2011/duran-duran-forced-to-reschedule-european-summer-tour-due-to-singer-simon-le-bons-vocal-problems/

At least they're giving more notice for these shows unlike the earlier dates where they were cancelling them with hardly any notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Shando316

Ack.

Hugely disappointing, but the main concern is for Simon's voice. This is clearly very serious. It was looking hopeful that a period of rest could do wonders when they had a break prior to the date of the Dublin show, so the fact that he has not improved and they have postponed the entire tour is indicative of how bad things are. :(

Does this mean if they reschedule the concert that everyone ends up with the exact same seat numbers they originally had? And is Artistarena different than Ticketmaster - do we have to look for refunds...

• Advertisement

We don't have to look for refunds just yet, because at the moment it looks like the tour will be rescheduled, and we can probably expect to see them in Dublin in November or December, based on the already rearranged UK dates.
    Any seats already allocated in the O2 would simply be transferred over to the new date, whether you got them on the fanclub presale from Artist Arena or bought them direct from Ticketmaster Ireland.
    If and when the rescheduled Dublin date is announced and it doesn't suit you, then you would be entitled to a refund from the operator you bought the tickets from. That is normal practice.
    However, for the moment, hang on to your ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

kmurph wrote: »
    Just confirmed on their website that the Dublin show has been postponed until further notice along with the rest of the European tour.

http://www.duranduran.com/wordpress/2011/duran-duran-forced-to-reschedule-european-summer-tour-due-to-singer-simon-le-bons-vocal-problems/

At least they're giving more notice for these shows unlike the earlier dates where they were cancelling them with hardly any notice.

Thanks a million for posting this! Would be none the wiser. If the new date is for December I will not get the time off from work :(

My tickets arrived from Artistarena...no news of new dates yet...

Hi, when did your Artist arena tickets arrive? I still haven't got mine, which is pretty poor.
    John said on Twitter that the Dublin gig will be in Dec.I think if they can't sort that out then it will be Feb.

kazzikat wrote: »
    Hi, when did your Artist arena tickets arrive? I still haven't got mine, which is pretty poor.
    John said on Twitter that the Dublin gig will be in Dec.I think if they can't sort that out then it will be Feb.

Only yesterday. I presume all seat numbers stand and they only resell the seats that were refunded.

Thanks for the update!

All seats will be honoured for the rescheduled performance.
    I only received my Artist Arena tickets two days before the original date. Had it not been postponed, that was cutting it fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭argentum

Now confirmed December 20th Happy Christmas

grand job. where was this confirmed? can't see it on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭kmurph

grand job. where was this confirmed? can't see it on their website.
    On MCD's Facebook page earlier today. Ticket sales reopen next Friday although tickets already bought will be valid for the new date. Looks like it'll be their last one before Christmas so should be a good show.

Delighted it's been confirmed. It would have been a bit mean to reschedule the UK and leave us out, but I'm glad it's this year and not pushed back to 2012.

• Advertisement

Has anyone got a standing ticket for Dublin and can't make it now?
    My friend wants to come now and it would be a fab xmas pressie.
    Thanks
    Kaz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

Great reviews coming in from the US leg of tour. Not long to go now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 almv

I have 2 great seated tickets - block C row 23 and would like to swap for 2 standing ....

• Registered Users Posts: 29 rocketchick

anyone else there last night?
    was a great gig and they played all old favourites
    personal favourites being Hungry like a wolf Reflex and of course Rio :D
    SImon's voice sounded great too

Excellent show, probably the best time I've seen them. I got there early and was on the barrier, which was great. They were all superb, and the whole thing rocketed along brilliantly. I thought White Lines really was something of a phenomenon.
    I met Simon in town on Monday and he was - how shall I put this? - well into the Christmas spirit :rolleyes:, but he was on top form last night, apart from that minor episode of singing into the wrong end of the microphone. :p

Nick Rhodes: "I forgot to bring any Euros..." :D

Set list:

Before the Rain
    Planet Earth
    A View to a Kill
    All You Need is Now
    Blame the Machines
    Come Undone
    Safe (In the Heat of the Moment)
    The Reflex
    The Man Who Stole a Leopard
    Girl Panic!
    Is There Something I Should Know
    Tiger Tiger
    White Lines
    Careless Memories
    Ordinary World
    Notorious
    Hungry Like the Wolf
    (Reach up for the) Sunrise

Wild Boys/Relax
    Girls on Film
    Rio

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭ArtOfEscape

An incredible show! My friend and I got spots right at the rail in front of JT - swoon! :o Simon sounded terrific and all the new songs rocked, I think everyone enjoyed them. Pure magic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭KevLeppard

An incredible show! My friend and I got spots right at the rail in front of JT - swoon! :o Simon sounded terrific and all the new songs rocked, I think everyone enjoyed them. Pure magic :D

No way, me too! Was right in front of John with my mate Liam. Great gig from start to finish.

I was the guy that Simon asked to sing the intro to The Reflex :):):)!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭ArtOfEscape

KevLeppard wrote: »
    No way, me too! Was right in front of John with my mate Liam. Great gig from start to finish.

I was the guy that Simon asked to sing the intro to The Reflex :):):)!!!!!

Oh, hi! I was the girl to your right who didn't know who Gary Moore was :p Just found you on Facebook :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

Not long back from Dublin. What an excellent night last night was. The guys still know how to put on a show and they still look great :cool: Delighted to see Royseven supporting, had tickets to see them last month and couldn't go, so pleased to see them too! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭KevLeppard

Oh, hi! I was the girl to your right who didn't know who Gary Moore was :p Just found you on Facebook :)

Oh hey, I remember u :). Cheers for the add on facebook. Must give u that history lesson on Gary Moore sometime, I promise I wont bore u. I am a bit of a die hard when it comes to music, but I am sure u already figures that part out :o!

Advertisement