Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FA Cup QFs 13/3/11

• 13-03-2011 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭

Stoke v West Ham underway, 1-1 at the moment, unusually for Stoke, they took the lead through a Huth header from a Delap throw in. West Ham get a very contentious equaliser, a hint of handball before it's bundled over the line.

Man City v Reading at 16.45.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

Just for balance, Piquionne was actually hacked down into the net, along with the ball, by Huth. And it wasn't a clear cut handball, came off the front/top of his shoulder, but his arm was up, and it's hard to tell from replays if it was intentional.

There's been quite a few 'robust' tackles, as is expected. 1-1 is fair so far, neither team really doing much in terms of attacking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Ref tried to even up decisions at the start of the 2nd half with the penalty being awarded :pac:

SantryRed wrote: »
    Ref tried to even up decisions at the start of the 2nd half with the penalty being awarded :pac:

Shocking decision, you could clearly see Parker pulling out of the tackle and there being no contact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Is the semi final draw on tele does anyone know?

Does anyone else hope City(if we get through) avoid United in the semi's so we can see them in the final?*

*Obviously provided both clubs make it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Scott Parker still rocking his 90s Boy Band haircut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Goal green couldn't see a thing unlucky it went in parker broke the wall and it went right through it.

Always a great atmosphere at stoke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Goal green couldn't see a thing unlucky it went in parker broke the wall and it went right through it.

When he gets that much of a hand on it he should be turning it around the post IMO.

Gillington wrote: »
    Is the semi final draw on tele does anyone know?

Does anyone else hope City(if we get through) avoid United in the semi's so we can see them in the final?*

*Obviously provided both clubs make it

Think they said yesterday it'll be on after this game. Hope United get Bolton in the final.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

That's the fastest I've ever seen Keane run.

• Advertisement

God Keane looks really angry today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

How is Pennant playing? Future Irish international and all that :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

God Keane looks really angry today

Has he waved his arms around the place yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

ROFL at that being a free out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

How is Pennant playing? Future Irish international and all that :pac:

He did OK, subbed off.

West Ham denied a peno!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

City team - Hart, Richards, Kompany, Lescott, Kolarov, Barry, De Jong, SWP, Yaya, Silva, Tevez.

SWP's last chance for me.

EDIT: Team changed - Vieira in for Barry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Just turned on for last 10 mins, Stoke hangin on for dear life.

Bringing out the big guns for this draw. Bit of a change from Oasis or whoever they usually have.

Reading v United in the Semis.

United v Bolton final still on. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Damn, was hoping we'd get a draw that would have given us a potential Man City/Man Utd final. Don't think we've had a truly titanic domestic cup final in a while now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,447 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Damn, was hoping we'd get a draw that would have given us a potential Man City/Man Utd final. Don't think we've had a truly titanic domestic cup final in a while now.

Problem is 'turly titanic' cup finals are usually s**t, take the 05 and 07 finals for example

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,445 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

I'd love to know what Pulis said to the referee at half time. He was atrocious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Bringing out the big guns for this draw. Bit of a change from Oasis or whoever they usually have.

Fabio ''I haven't kept my word since I became England manager'' Capello. I feel like punching my TV screen any time that he's on!

Advertisement