Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pictures from Crufts

• 13-03-2011 3:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Just back from a couple of days at Crufts and have posted a gallery on the Oh My Dog website at http://www.ohmydog.ie/crufts2011/photos.html.

So many fabulous dogs and so much going on at Crufts. Will be back next year again.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭mcdoogle

What are the dogs in pic no 12? Only ever seen them twice but they look lovely!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shanao

Lovely photos. Those are Hungarian Wirehaired Vizslas in pic 12. I missed it on the TV this year, where there many akitas there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

My moneys on the Flat Coated Retriever Jet....gorgeous dog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Woohoo, i really shouldve put some money on him. First time ive ever managed to pick the winner out. :D

Lovely dogs, are they common in Ireland? They look pretty similar to labradors.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

mcdoogle wrote: »
    Lovely dogs, are they common in Ireland? They look pretty similar to labradors.

Unfortunately they probably will be now - the puppy farmers are probably already on their phones looking for breeding pairs:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

ISDW wrote: »
    Unfortunately they probably will be now - the puppy farmers are probably already on their phones looking for breeding pairs:(

Hopefully they won't have much luck this time, they are pretty hard to come by, although I would have said the same for the Vizsla and there at least twice as many of those around now :(

I meant are the vizlas common here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

mcdoogle wrote: »
    I meant are the vizlas common here?

Oh sorry. I've never seen a wire haired one, and have only met a couple of smooth coated, I love the smooth ones, one of my favourite breeds:D

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭aigster

Perhaps one blessing of recession...the dogs are less of a consumer product..
    I like crufts.. Despite bad press... I've noticed the online prices of dogs is down hugely since I started looking a few years ago...
    My boy is a rescue dog...a basset...
    I met a breeder of dogs in west Dublin who had never heard of glucosamine... Despite havin a dog with joint issues...... Tosser!...
    Love the pics .. Would love to go to crufts!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭bitter_lemon

beautiful pics that capture the essence of it all. thanks for sharing :)

aigster wrote: »
    Perhaps one blessing of recession...the dogs are less of a consumer product..
    I like crufts.. Despite bad press... I've noticed the online prices of dogs is down hugely since I started looking a few years ago...
    My boy is a rescue dog...a basset...
    I met a breeder of dogs in west Dublin who had never heard of glucosamine... Despite havin a dog with joint issues...... Tosser!...
    Love the pics .. Would love to go to crufts!!!!!!

There are lots of back garden breeders who don't care but equally plenty who do care and do the necessary research.

I saw a wire haired on a beach years ago and loved it! Beautiful dog, v graceful and friendly and not too large at the same time.

Advertisement