Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cable interference

• 13-03-2011 3:59pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭

Can power cables, audio / video, Ethernet or HDMI cables interfere with a satellite or dtt signals in coax cables, if they are all in a spaghetti behind the TV?

I'm getting breakup on ITVHD and BBCHD on my HTPC so I'm trying to find the source of the problem. I have aligned and re-aligned the dish many times, using a sat finder to get the strongest possible signal level.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

DECT is bad

other things too

Make sure good double screened sat cable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭fat-tony

Can power cables, audio / video, Ethernet or HDMI cables interfere with a satellite or dtt signals in coax cables, if they are all in a spaghetti behind the TV?

I'm getting breakup on ITVHD and BBCHD on my HTPC so I'm trying to find the source of the problem. I have aligned and re-aligned the dish many times, using a sat finder to get the strongest possible signal level.
    Is it only on the two HD channels? Could possibly be an issue with your processor/graphics card. What is the spec of your machine and what OS and media viewer are you running?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

fat-tony wrote: »
    Is it only on the two HD channels? Could possibly be an issue with your processor/graphics card. What is the spec of your machine and what OS and media viewer are you running?

AMD HD5450 with Windows 7 MCE using Win7 DTV decoder. Blackgold DVB-S2 and DVB-T quad tuner.

I heard of an issue with ITVHD when using ATI / AMD drivers and the Win7 DTV decoders, but a driver update a year ago was supposed to have fixed it.

I noticed a small bit of dropouts on some SD channels last night as well. The dish is a bit rusty and the LNB is a quad I picked up off of ebay. The problem might lay there perhaps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭fat-tony

I have an ATI HD card on-board and the recent releases of ATI drivers for Win 7 have all but eliminated any problems I had with HD decoding using the GPU hardware. There is a slight bit of pixelation when you initially select BBC or ITV HD, but it settles down quite quickly (within 10- 15 seconds). If you're having problems with MPEG-2 channels also it would point to a signal quality problem, or perhaps you are actually picking up interference on the cables.

Advertisement