Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlocking Nokia e63?

Options
  • 13-03-2011 4:00pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭

how do I unlock a nokia e63?
    I am out of contract in a month and leaving the country. A few months ago 3 told me a while I would get an unlock code at the contract for free, phoned them today and they are trying to charge me 25 for 'admin fees' and another months line rental.

Obviously I told they to shove it up their arse :-D

How hard are they to unlock and can I do it for free? Or how much will it cost me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Cant do it for free, unless you were to renew your contract with 3.

You just need to bring it to an unlock shop and let them remover the lock. It will just take a few minutes, and will cost €20 at most. A lot of places would do the E63 for a tenner

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Yep, they are the only ones that have this 'admin fee'

They would probably say they aren't charging for the code itself, but the process to get it or something. Not sure if its been asked on the three forum on boards. Would be interesting to hear their line on it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,693 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

sorry to bump an old thread, but i have an nokia e63 locked to the vodafone australia network , i was there on holidays but lost my own phone so bought this over there. its just been sitting in my bedroom for 5 months now so looking to unlock it for my sister. vodafone australia are looking for $75 to unlock, surely i can get it done for cheaper ?

thanks in advance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,693 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

i tried a few local ones but because it was vodafone australia said they could not do it.

i rang ********************.ie and they said ring again tomorrow as lad in charge was not in, but he too was unsure when i said i got it in australia.

edit: thats mobile phone solutions . ie

Advertisement