Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can I help Flash save progress of a game as normal?

Options
  • 13-03-2011 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭

Ubuntu 10.10

Adobe Flash Player - 'You have version 10,1,51,66 installed'

I only discovered Isoball 3 a few days ago but I have had a lot of problems making it, Flash, or whatever does the saving save my progress.

I have tried on www.gimme5games.com, and also Facebook but I do not think any of the Facebook Isoball 3 apps have officially anything to do with the developers, so more recently I have been playing on www.candyflame.com/isoball3/ which does.

Initially I assumed the problem was my web browser, Firefox 3.6.16 Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US) as I may have edited some cache settings to improve performance or security, but it seems I have the same problems using Google Chrome.

The screenshots included of Firefox's about:config, network offline storage settings, and Flash settings were all taken after completing level 6, and right clicking > settings > storage shows 2kb used of a possible 100kb.

The problem is that even if I play up to level 36 or 46, it will always put me back to level 6 which is where, for some reason, the software believes I have progressed to. Interestingly it is saving my progress somewhat as it maintains my level scores and otherwise it would put me back to level 1.

Please note it is possible, on starting a new game, to skip basic levels, starting at either 06, 11, 16, 21, but not further than that. This is inconsequential to my issue.

I have contacted the developers and they have told me that they are aware of this problem occurring for some linux users, but are at a loss as to why.

If you can help please let me know.

Advertisement