Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Nightclubs

Options
  • 13-03-2011 4:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Hello there! :)

Myself and two of my friends are heading to Dublin on Friday night.

We're all 18 and not hugely fussy about music, as long as it's not too 'ooonce oooonce' if ya catch my drift. Bit of the usual chart stuff would suit us fine.

We'd just like somewhere that we can meet some nice people, that isn't full of messy drunks, and isn't too expensive.

So any nightclub suggestions?

Thanks! :D

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 328 ✭✭michelledoh

Awnyeah wrote: »
    Hello there! :)

Myself and two of my friends are heading to Dublin on Friday night.

We're all 18 and not hugely fussy about music, as long as it's not too 'ooonce oooonce' if ya catch my drift. Bit of the usual chart stuff would suit us fine.

We'd just like somewhere that we can meet some nice people, that isn't full of messy drunks, and isn't too expensive.

So any nightclub suggestions?

Thanks! :D

Gav Shels is the man to help here I believe!

My advice would be 21s is a safe bet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

I thought you have to be older than 18 to get into 21s?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭starling.

Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    I thought you have to be older than 18 to get into 21s?

He just said that he and his friends were 18.

My advice is not to go to 21's. *shudder*

I wouldn't normally be out on Saturday nights in Dublin (crowded and prices go up too much for my college student sensibilities), but I'd say go to the Harcourt Street area. You have D2, Dicey's, Coppers (it's 21's but ye might get in if ye're lucky), Tripod, Palace and Crawdaddy in the one area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

Alchemy, Purty Kitchen or 21s sounds like your place. There's very few cheap spots on a Friday night though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

starling. wrote: »
    He just said that he and his friends were 18.

My advice is not to go to 21's. *shudder*

I wouldn't normally be out on Saturday nights in Dublin (crowded and prices go up too much for my college student sensibilities), but I'd say go to the Harcourt Street area. You have D2, Dicey's, Coppers (it's 21's but ye might get in if ye're lucky), Tripod, Palace and Crawdaddy in the one area.
    Sorry, its just that some of m mates, all 18 wen a while back but werent allowed in as they were only 18, sounds like bouncer lies though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭starling.

Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    Sorry, its just that some of m mates, all 18 wen a while back but werent allowed in as they were only 18, sounds like bouncer lies though.

Oh, sorry :o

Probably was I'd say. Wouldn't have though 21s' standards would be so high tbh :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Gav Shels is the man to help here I believe!

My advice would be 21s is a safe bet!

Am I!?:D

Fridays aren't great tbh, not much on and what is, is usually expensive. Not sure if it's Fridays or Saturdays but Alchemy is like €15 and crazy drink prices, Purty Kitchen on a Friday wasn't great the last time I was there (which was about a year ago mind you). Don't think there's anything on in Crawdaddy or Tripod on a Friday.

Someone mentioned the Palace, over 20's on the weekend unfortunately as it's a great spot. D2 I think it that at the weekends too, not sure on Diceys but that's a good aul spot on a Tuesday.

So think I've covered about everywhere in Dublin that is not 19's or 20's.:D

Safe bet is always TwentyOnes on D'Ollier St, nice and central, tenner in and usually cheap drink. If you don't mind being surrounded by Gay people (no I'm not being blunt just stating the fact) Andrews Lane Theatre on a Friday for WAR is meant to be good, haven't been in ALT since it's been done up tbh.

EDIT: Forgot about Tramco in Rathmines, not too far from town and is fairly cheap and usually decent. Fiver in on concession (PM me and I'll tell you how to get on it), Double vodka and red bull €10, usually some alcopops for €3 and not sure if it was a once off but Friday just gone they had 3 Jager bombs for a tenner, lacked red bull but still the best price I've seen in a club for Jager bombs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

More of a pub than a club, but o'reilleys under Tara street do 3.50 pints all night and its a pretty cool place, they seem to have a bit of a rock thing going on on Fridays. Might be a good place to start off the night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Awnyeah

Thanks a million for all the help everyone!

At least we wont be looking like three completely lost girls now! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

Trainwreck (that were tripod Fridays djs and bigfoot in academy) is now in Kennedys bar (32-30 westland row street) every Friday around corner from trinity college and science gallery just beyond pearse dart station

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

21 nightclub has close down since last june 2012, its gone its doesnt open anymore, dandilon brought it out last june 2012

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Triangular

The Garage, temple bar.

Advertisement