Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My thread was closed. I didn't break the charter

Options
  • 13-03-2011 4:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭

I started this thread to highlight what I think is an important issue

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056207725

Within minutes it was closed, Mikey Dolenz told me that my thread was fine until I started flaming catholics.

#1 I didn't flame them

#2 I didn't break the charter.

Then I was told to go to the main census thread, which is a bit of a mess. There's already a load of people arguing in there, my message will be useless if I post on that thread.

My thread deserves it's own space. Can I get it re-opened? This needs a separate thread.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

You called catholics part of a paedo mafia, pretty clear flame.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Lavattack

I agree with Mr Wolfe Tone ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

First off you should have goen through the DRP for this - feedback isn't usually used for things like this anymore :)

Second you started to flame Catholics on the second sentence of your OP so tbh your thread wasn't fine at all. I appreciate the sentiment you may have been trying to convey but you were doing it in a very inflammatory and inappropriate way. There's a Census thread there that you can post on which you've already been directed to, but I'd strongly suggest that you rethink the way you're communicating your message.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭0verblood

Right... well wether I flamed them or not is a matter of opinion. Also, where does it say in the charter that I can't call the Vatican a Pedophole Mafia? They do behave like the mafia, and it is rife with pedo-ism.

Anyways, I offered to edit the thread if he re-opened. Or start a new thread without calling the Vatican a Pedo Mafia, but I wasn't allowed.

This issue deserves its own thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭0verblood

g'em wrote: »
    First off you should have goen through the DRP for this - feedback isn't usually used for things like this anymore :)

Second you started to flame Catholics on the second sentence of your OP so tbh your thread wasn't fine at all. I appreciate the sentiment you may have been trying to convey but you were doing it in a very inflammatory and inappropriate way. There's a Census thread there that you can post on which you've already been directed to, but I'd strongly suggest that you rethink the way you're communicating your message.

I already Pmd the mod.

But where is the DRP forum?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

You compared the Catholic Church to a "Pedophile Mafia" [sic] and you don't think it's flaming?

I linked to the DRF in my previous post: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1397

And again I'm going to have to disagree, I don't think it does deserve its own thread, it'll fit in with the current census thread just fine.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

This isn't feedback.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement