Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Past/Present/Future Tense

Options
  • 13-03-2011 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭

I'm learning Spanish and just looking for a good site that translates a lot of verbs with past, present & future tense (I had, I have, I will have etc.). I've been looking online and apart from using google translate(which isn't always reliable) can't find a site with these available.

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Clareboy

An easy way to express the future in Spanish is to use the verb ' ir' to go plus the infinitive. I am going to go - voy a ir. I am going to eat - voy a comer. The past can be expressed by using the past participle plus the auxiliary verb ' haber'. I have eaten - he comido. I have seen - he visto.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

Be wary of using the above, they only apply to certain situations and are very non-fluent (we are taught these tenses especially in Leaving Cert because the curriculum is crap and lazy. I ask my Spanish friends to correct my spoken Spanish and the "voy a..." future and past participle use are something they always correct me on. I would very rarely hear Spaniards use them because they only apply to certain situations)

Try wordreference for breakdowns of all the verbs in every tense.

There's another one I used to use a lot, I can't think of it now but I'll add it when I do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭djcervi

Another good website is The Royal Spanish Academy http://www.rae.es
    Type the verb into the search engine, and when it gives the definition (it is a monolingual dictionary too) click 'conjugar' and it will give you a verb table for that verb in all tenses.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭gerbear1

Be wary of using the above, they only apply to certain situations and are very non-fluent (we are taught these tenses especially in Leaving Cert because the curriculum is crap and lazy. I ask my Spanish friends to correct my spoken Spanish and the "voy a..." future and past participle use are something they always correct me on. I would very rarely hear Spaniards use them because they only apply to certain situations)

Try wordreference for breakdowns of all the verbs in every tense.

There's another one I used to use a lot, I can't think of it now but I'll add it when I do!
    I'd second that recommendation of wordreference. Learnt so much of the tenses from using that.

This one is also very good:
    http://users.ipfw.edu/jehle/verblist.htm

Advertisement