Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballina - River Moy

Options
  • 13-03-2011 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭

A SEARCH OF THE RIVER MOY IN BALLINA IS UNDERWAY THIS AFTERNOON FOLLOWING REPORTS THAT A PERSON ENTERED THE WATER THIS MORNING.

GARDAI SAY THAT THEY RECEIVED A REPORT OF SOMEONE HAVING GONE INTO THE WATER THIS MORNING.

A SEARCH OPERATION IS UNDERWAY AT PRESENT.

http://www.midwestradio.ie/mwr/news/1634-search-of-the-river-moy-in-ballina-underway-today.html

Sad news, I've heard since that report that a body has been found of a young man. Also heard a name but I'm not willing to give that out.
    The search and rescue team were still on the Moy when I passed by a half hour ago, another person is also meant to be missing. :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭smurfy89

It's awful! :(
    They still haven't found him. Saw them out searching this morning when I passed by the river. Poor family

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

Hope he is found soon. I can see the helicopter hovering down there now.

Advertisement