Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

u tube

• 13-03-2011 6:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭

sorry if this is in the wrong area.
    utube wont play for me.all i get is a white backround no video but i do get the sound.this is if i go to the utube website and play a video.

any ideas?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

try downloading the latest version of flash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Frynge wrote: »
    try downloading the latest version of flash

nope i already have it.i cant figure it out.if i play a utube link from another website it plays fine.but when i go to utube website and try and play one it wont work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

is it because you are looking for YouTube and not utube?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

no this is the reason and a good few people are having the problem.

If you can hear audio but can’t see video on the Watch page, this may indicate complications in how your computer handles hardware accelerated video. Hardware accelerated playback (also known as Stage Video) is a feature of the latest version of Adobe Flash, version 10.2, that harnesses your computer’s video hardware to reduce the load on the CPU, delivering smoother video playback with fewer dropped frames, particularly at higher resolutions. A small percentage of YouTube users, however, have reported problems with video playback since this feature rolled out. These are some possible symptoms:

The video player is replaced by a black or white box
    Colors are splotchy
    There’s a green line splitting the player in two
    The seek/navigation bar is missing or displaying incorrectly
    The video stops playing when you change the resolution

How do I get back to watching videos?

While we work with Adobe to smooth out these kinks, the following steps will allow you to disable hardware-accelerated playback:
    Right-click in the middle of the video below (or on the on the video you're having issues with)
    Click Settings
    Click the left-most tab
    Uncheck the 'Enable hardware acceleration' checkbox to disable hardware acceleration.

Refresh the page

it fixed it for me anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭colm21

you probably need to update your adobe flash player, if the video is not showing that is normally the problem.

• Advertisement
Advertisement