Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

never go with magnet ie

• 13-03-2011 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

hi everybody

i have magnet almost for 4 month

24mg and i pay 60 euro every month.

now if they say for free:mad: even i do not want it.

believe me 3 broadband 7.2mg is faster than 24mg from magnet

and the router from magnet is very bad
    even the room beside me get the signal very hardly.

customer service is the worst
    they seem to br very nice when you call them for the first time.
    but after that you will see the hell with them

can you imagn that i have wait 2 month just to install my internet.

when i call them about any problem
    they say we will call you back

and even if i wait for 1 month
    they will not call me

i will cancel my magnet account and go for image because it is cheap and can take it everywhere

there is no upc in my area then image is the best for me.

look for upc or image or three
    but never go with magnet:mad:

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Fair enough if your unhappy with a provider but don't drag up old threads just to rant,

As for your issues anyone that knows anything knows Three's "Mobile Broadband" is nothing on the likes of ADSL or cable,

• Registered Users Posts: 8 azozalghamdi

i swear that 3 is faster than my magnet
    i am saying the truth

specially on youtube

youtube is very slow on magnet
    and i tried both 3 and magnet

realy 3 is faster than magnet on youtube and in any video website.

i have use magnet, 3, meoter, upc, eircome, wimax

meoter is the worst and then magnet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Just as a bit of balance:

It's probably your line. I have the same connection and usually runs around 85-95% of max speed. In 2+ years, it's rarely been down at all.

As regards YouTube, I'd wonder about the broswer you're using etc. I even stream on my iPhone and it's perfect

Also, I've had a good experience with their customer service - it usen't to be amazing but it's better than a lot of other companies I've dealt with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Wolverine_1999

Not had any issues with them either.. I find youtube isn't the fastest at the best of times but that's not limited to just my own connection or provider.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭billyboy01

I changed to Magnet from UPC, and even though I dont get the full 24mb speed on my line. I get 15mb constantly and great latency and ping rates for online gaming and no 250GB month limits with hefty fines or charges!

So you might just be unlucky with your Eircom line or exchange!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

and the router from magnet is very bad
    even the room beside me get the signal very hardly.

Wireless has nothing to do with the service you pay for.

Are you depending on wireless only, disable wireless and plug in a laptop and see if things are the same. If it improves then you probably need to change wireless channel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Magnet is one of the top three ISPs

Either the line is bad or you are expecting too much of WiFi, which is nothing to do with Magnet.

Our WiFi is only full speed in same room, and we added a 2nd WiFi "Airpoint" (connected by ethernet cable) to get coverage in the front 1/2 of house.

Advertisement