Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior Cery History Predictions (HL)

Options
  • 13-03-2011 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Anyone have any predictions or get any from their teachers? (in questions 4,5,6). Ive been looking my self and think that an early irish settler/farmer and early irish monk are looking possible, as well as a worker in a coalmine. list your predictions here :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Q5 looks very likely to be the industrial revolution, if not then possibly revolutions, very unlikely to be exploration and it'd be foolish not to at least have a fair idea of the other two topics. As for q6 the usual three and I've a feeling exploration or an ancient civilisation outside Ireland will be the A part, but don't count on it. Q4 is tricky, I'd say study a knight, monk, Renaissance painter and an explorer for the first part, for the second part a reformation or revolutionary leader, or an Irish leader in the 1900s, study Sean Lemass and Padraig Pearse tbh. It wouldn't hurt to read over NI too, it's fairly simple. Oh and know world war 2 north and south of the border, and obviously know it well everywhere else if you plan on doing 6D.

Don't count on this, it's just what I'm doing in detail but I've a pretty good knowledge of the whole course so I'm not too fussed, I'll survive if these don't come up but it may not be the same for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 juniorcertlol

thanks very much =) i thought the same for Q5 and have been doing a lot of paragraphs on it (eg. housing, leisure, improvements in transport, etc). The one problem i have found is that our book can offer no help on the paragraph "education" other than Owen Roberts set up a school for his employee's children :/. Oh, and do you think that possibly the famine could come up in Q5 joint with the industrial revolution?
    Furthermore, thanks for you people in history advice, i shall have a further look into it and take your considerations into account.
    And finally, for Q6 i am planning to do political developments in ireland, and internation relations. I have a decent paragraph done on almost every paragraph that can/has come up in the political developments in ireland :D. also, according to our teacher, we shouldnt do social change, as its marked extremely hard, but i suppose its always a fall-back if im struggling on the others =/
    Thanks again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

thanks very much =) i thought the same for Q5 and have been doing a lot of paragraphs on it (eg. housing, leisure, improvements in transport, etc). The one problem i have found is that our book can offer no help on the paragraph "education" other than Owen Roberts set up a school for his employee's children :/. Oh, and do you think that possibly the famine could come up in Q5 joint with the industrial revolution?
    Furthermore, thanks for you people in history advice, i shall have a further look into it and take your considerations into account.
    And finally, for Q6 i am planning to do political developments in ireland, and internation relations. I have a decent paragraph done on almost every paragraph that can/has come up in the political developments in ireland :D. also, according to our teacher, we shouldnt do social change, as its marked extremely hard, but i suppose its always a fall-back if im struggling on the others =/
    Thanks again :D

Well regarding education, you could bulk it out by talking about how children were uneducated and worked six days a week and had no time for education. Robert Owens (not Owen Roberts :p) did set up schools for children, along with shops for the workers. Basically you're going to have to go into a child's life in general and explain why they didn't go to school before their welfare began to improve - it's worth bringing in Lord Shaftsbury and the Factory Acts for this one. It's a tough question though and tbh there really isn't a whole lot to say, but you'll more than likely be given a choice so avoid it like the plague. :p

And yup, famine in Ireland can come up with the Industrial Revolution, it did for my mocks, but I think it comes up as a seperate topic too. Definitely study it in detail though because you're likely to get asked a source question or a choice to write an account on it, and it's very easy to write about in my opinion.

Yeah our teacher didn't even do social change with us, small loss tbh, it looks to be by far the most boring part of the course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Desire.

My teacher is convinced that the Reformation will come up in some form or another this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

I've done my research and have Ancient Irish Farmer, Early Christian Monk and Reformer down to study.
    For the second People In History, I have Irish Leader in the struggle for Independence down as my favourite.

For Question 5, Industial Revolution/Rural Ireland is surely going to come up. Revolution might - 5% chance I would say!

For Question 6, Ancient Civilization outside Ireland is possible but overall, it's probably the hardest to call. Just study the definites to come up and you should be grand!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

The Coalminer has come up every 2 years and has never gone 2 years without being on the paper but if the Coal Miner does come up, will the Industrial Revolution come up as Question 5?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 juniorcertlol

i believe that it is possible that coal miner (or in my case factory worker) will come up as farmer came up last year. I dont know if it would effect question 5, in terms of industrial revolution coming up, but who knows :/

Advertisement