Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Phone Charger Output

Options
  • 13-03-2011 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭

The other half uses a samsung phone with a mini usb charger. She forgot her charger recently and we looked at using another one with a mini usb.

When I checked later I found the samsung charger has an output of 0.7A while the one we used as a spare was 1.0A.

Is there a problem using chargers of different outputs or can the phone cope with an increase like that (didn't show a problem and charged properly!)

I have looked at others and they have an output of 0.6A etc. Could I use one of lower output perhaps?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Its fine once its the same voltage. The varying current will change the charging time slightly thats all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

Thanks for that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

The ones with the higher amps seem to charge faster. Dunno if thats correct, but thats it seems like.

Advertisement