Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbours dog.

• 13-03-2011 7:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks.

My neighbour has a red setter bitch. She has always visited us since she moved in a few years ago. Funnily the dog only comes when she hears me outside.

Our neighbour has now a new job and dont be home during the week so the dog visits more often. I do love her but I dont want the hassle of having a dog.

I was going to get on to the neighbour about it but when I came home last night the poor thing had left her ball at my front door so I could play with her..

So. What should I do??. Start feeding her and keep her or tell my neighbour about it because I dont think shes being fed at home. She is a real pet.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

I wouldn't start feeding the dog without asking the owner first, they may have a preference as to what the dog is fed on. Why not approach your neighbour and ask if it would help them out for you to give the dog her evening meal seeing asthey are working late? tell the that you enjoy the dogs company and would be glad to keep an eye on it while they are in work. They might appreciate your kindness!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Thanks I took your advice and asked but they are not intrested. She said they are moving to Dublin soon and might bring the dog.

I fell Pisxd off tbh because the dog gets no affection except a few toddlers pulling at her ears and getting kicks from the owner.

I started the lawnmower this evening and she was on straight away to say hello..

• Registered Users Posts: 19 shebzy

sounds like a cool dog :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

shebzy wrote: »
    sounds like a cool dog :)

Ya shes a lovley red setter...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

-Corkie- wrote: »
    Thanks I took your advice and asked but they are not intrested. She said they are moving to Dublin soon and might bring the dog.

I fell Pisxd off tbh because the dog gets no affection except a few toddlers pulling at her ears and getting kicks from the owner.

I started the lawnmower this evening and she was on straight away to say hello..

They might bring her to Dublin??

They don't deserve to have a dog.
    Also how does it arrive at your front door? Is it secured in their back garden?
    I have an Irish setter and they need a lot of human companionship, they thrive on it. Does she get walked at all? Setters need a lot of walking (running)!

• Advertisement
Advertisement