Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How are young american girls treated?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭cosanostra

You will be welcomed with open arms in Donegal and you will have a great time don't worry about getting treated badly it just wont happen!

As far as your trip goes i would say Letterkenny is a great town its got a lot of aspects of a small city but still manages to keep its small town type culture which is great you have no shortage of lively bars and nightclubs plenty of shops and good resturaunts too!

One thing i would say tho don't just come to Donegal and stay in Letterkenny Donegal is a big county and it's got so much to offer and most of them free for example you could climb Mt Errigal and take in some of the best views you would see anywhere in the world, as was said before visit the ring fort at Griannan of Aileach and go for a walk on one of our beaches (regardless of the weather this is enjoyable just bring a good raincoat)

I have no doubt you will have a great time just out of curiosity how long are you staying in ireland and are you visiting any other counties?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Thank you so much everyone. We were just curious. We're going to Letterkenny, what are some things that are a must there?

Hi OP, take a look at this (link = http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=203357797272237597311.00049545c59c8fe90e820&t=h&z=9) Its a map that us here, at the donegal forum made up, to show people who visit here what we think are the best attractions to go to in the county, have a browse of that, it should give you loads of ideas :)

P.S. Note to self i must tidy up that map then sticky it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 BikingChick

Letterkenny is reknowned for it's night life, but don't restrict yourself to just there. Donegal has SO much to offer! Whether you want to go quad biking, paintballing, surfing, to one of the many beaches with golden sands, horse riding, shopping, dancing (salsa, whatever!), archery, or whatever things you'd like to do/try. Grainan of Aileach is DEFINITELY worth a visit - magnificent views from there and a very ancient site. Inishowen peninsula has an amazing amount of scenery and little towns and places to visit/things to do. Buncrana is the largest town there and Malin Head is the most northerly point of the whole of Ireland. A quick trip into the north to Derry will open more opportunties if you like shopping and it has an amazing nightlife. There are 2 hostels in Derry as well as plenty of B&Bs. It's best to have a rental car (remember to drive on the LEFT!!), but there are buses to take you direct from Letterkenny to Derry, or to many other places. Whatever you decide to do, you'll generally find people are friendly and helpful and I hope you enjoy your visit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

One of my friends lived over in Iowa for a while and came back with his girlfriend, she absolutely loved her time over here and has been trying to get back over. Im sure you will enjoy it, if you need any info I can probably pass you her email/skype through private maill? Although she did spend most of her time staying in Derry she also visited everywhere in Donegal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 kk7

Just got back from Ballybofey, had a great couple of days. Just want to thank and compliment the locals for their hospitality and friendliness towards us 'strangers'.

Cheers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement