Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Birthday party ideas for 9 & 10 year-old girls

Options
  • 13-03-2011 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

I urgently need advice/recommendations for my daughter's 9th birthday party next Saturday. We're in the Cloghroe/Ballincollig area. She's too old for soft play areas and too young for bowling. I was thinking of getting someone to call to the house to do arts & crafts but I don't know anyone. I would appreciate any ideas.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

Sorry dont know anyone either but would you consider a cooking/ baking party that you might manage yourself. they eat the end result or bring home a cake each !

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭nolo1

Thanks for the hint. I would never have thought of that. It might be a bit messy though! But I'll keep it in mind anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Along the same lines but you can leave the mess behind you :pac:
    I was in Milanos in town one day and there was a party on. All the kids had chef hats on & were making their own pizzas. Looked like a laugh.
    http://www.milano.ie/our-food/kids-menu.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭AFC_1903

A friend of mine, Victor, does balloon's. Might seem a bit daft and maybe the kids consider themselves a bit too 'cool' for these but he's really good. Popular with adults too! Professional for years and has won many awards, most recently (last month) he was the first non-US winner of the broken balloon pump contest in Boston USA.

He'll be around the Old English Market on Paddy's day if you want to talk to him, or I can pm you his contact details if you like.

Advertisement