Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ringtones

• 13-03-2011 8:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭

I have a HTC Desire, and quite frankly the speaker on it is useless! Also, the ringtones that come with it don't help, since they're of a pretty crap quality too! Don't get me started on the earphones either!

So anyway, I was fiddling through the stock android ringtones and found they were al; sh*te, possibly due to the speaker being crap. So, can anyone recommend a site where i can download some good ringtones? Or, if I have an MP3 and I just want the chorus as a ringtone, does anyone know of an easy to use piece of audio editing software?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

The_B_Man wrote: »
    I have a HTC Desire, and quite frankly the speaker on it is useless! Also, the ringtones that come with it don't help, since they're of a pretty crap quality too! Don't get me started on the earphones either!

So anyway, I was fiddling through the stock android ringtones and found they were al; sh*te, possibly due to the speaker being crap. So, can anyone recommend a site where i can download some good ringtones? Or, if I have an MP3 and I just want the chorus as a ringtone, does anyone know of an easy to use piece of audio editing software?
    Easiest audio software would be audacity or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,948 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Cool. I'll try Audacity.
    I've downloaded a load of iPhone ringtones, which are in M4A format. Android doesnt seem to support that format so hopefully Audacity can convert to MP3.

That Ringdroid looks class too. Lets you select a piece of a song to make a ringtone from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Mixzing will let you select any song on your SD card as a ringtone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Put the MP3 you want as your ringtone onto your phone.
    Go into Music (stock app) and find the song. Then play it. Click menu, then set as ringtone and then TRIM RINGTONE. It lets you trim it down and play the parts you want, i.e. the chorus. Fairly sure that will work for you.

No need for the MP3 editing software on the PC. Let me know how you get on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Get yourself ringdroid app; it lets you snip any part from a song saved on your phone and you can then set it as your ringtone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

From a ring tone point of view, and as you are aware the speaker on the desire isn't the best, I found songs with high pitched notes are best as opposed to bass or drum beats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Check out zedge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭leche solara

Ste- wrote: »
    Check out zedge

+1 for Zedge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Ste- wrote: »
    Check out zedge

I love that you can link straight to an app in the new market:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement